Issue with Investment Register Navigation

I manually reconcile my investment account registers each month when I get statements. Today (4.4.2020) the register is behaving differently. What I am seeing is then I select a transaction, the Date column has focus. This is even if I selected the transaction by clicking on the Clr column. I change the Clr status from Cleared to Reconciled (c to R) and press return to proceed to the next transaction

Comments

• Richard Burke
    Richard Burke Member ✭✭
    continued from above...the Date is blanked out and I am told that the field cannot be blank. If I try to select another field sometimes I am unable to tab and no field appears to have focus.

In short, it appears that recent code changes to the Investment register have broken it.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Richard Burke,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind-- Which Quicken version release are you running?
    Help > About Quicken

Also, to better understand and assist you--
    When did this issue first start occurring? Any particular signs in the process of the change taking place that stuck out to you?

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Richard Burke
    Richard Burke Member ✭✭
    I stay current. Today I have Quicken Premier 2020, Version is R25.21, and Build is 27.1.25.21. It is running on an up-to-date Windows 10 x64.

I first noticed this issue today (4/4/2020). When I last reconciled my investment accounts was approximately on 3/3/2020. Quicken was updated on 3/17/2020 and I assume that my issue has been caused by that update.

Thank you!
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2020
    In that case, one thing you can try is reverting back to R25.18 since it started with R25.21.

You can do so by downloading and installing R25.18 from this link.

If you decide to do so-- please, check back and let us know how that goes!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• Richard Burke
    Richard Burke Member ✭✭
    Reverting back to R25.18 fixed my issue and confirmed that it was due to a change between R25.18 and R25.21...Thanks!

Also, you should know that your link to the site with the patches did not translate to the email that I received. I had to come to the community web site to see and download from the link.
  • Quicken Anja
    Glad that fixed it, awesome!

As for the link, I can check into that and see if that's something that needs to be implemented or if it's a glitch that will need to be fixed.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention, as well as, reporting back to us about R25.18 working so we can check into R25.21 and see to it that this gets resolved!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please note that I'm using R25.21 and couldn't reproduce the problem.

I suspect that what really happened is a bad install the first time (when R25.21 was installed), and the installing R25.18 replaced whichever bad file there was.  I would be willing to bet that you could reinstall R25.21 from with the Mondo patch installer and it would continue to be OK.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.