How do I prevent ATM pending transactions

Options
I am getting ATM pending transactions when I automatically download transactions to my checking register. I then have to delete them because they are duplicates. How can I preventthis from happening

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hello @Palinder,
    Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, and I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.
    It definitely shouldn't be downloading pending transactions. So, it's definitely odd to hear that you are experiencing this. 
    First, which Quicken version release are you running?
    Help > About Quicken
    FYI, just so you're aware of it-- I would like to inform you not to delete any downloaded transactions as Quicken is programmed to not re-download downloaded transactions that were deleted.
    In which case, you would need to deactivate the account and redownload the account as a new account and move any missing transactions that did not download in the new account over from your original account. I don't know if from your experience you have noticed whether or not they re-downloaded are not even though the program is not designed to do so. If this is the case, please do let me know if you need step by step instruction on how to do so.
    First, in order to better assist you-- When did this issue first start happening for you? Is there anything particular that may have happened or was done that stuck out to you when this change took place? Also, which financial institution is this particular account connected to?
    If you haven't done so already-- I suggest validating your data file by following the steps below and seeing if that helps any--
    First Save a backup of your data file (just in case) > then go to File > File Operations > Validate and Repair > Validate File > Ok > Close the data log that will populate > Close Quicken > Wait at least 5 seconds > Reopen Quicken and try again to see if the issue reoccurs.
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold "Ctrl" and "Shift" on your keyboard when clicking on "Validate and Repair" in order to get the option for "Super Validate".
    Please, do check back with us to let us know how that goes so we can provide the next course of action to take!
    -Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Palinder
    Palinder Member
    Options
    Thank-you for responding. I am using the 2020 subscription version R25.21. This has been on-going for several months at least. I put up with it for a while but it's getting annoying now. I do delete these transactions because they are truly duplicates of other transactions that are already in the account. I have done the validation and super validation but need to wait until there are more transactions to download to see if it is still occurring. I will check back and let you know.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is the connection type for the account?
    Direct Connect or Express Web Connect?

In the case of Direct Connect Quicken is talking directly to the financial institution, and as such if it is getting pending transactions it is the fault to the financial institution and they are the only ones that can fix it.

In the case of Express Web Connect it gets a lot more murky.
    Express Web Connect is Intuit's servers logging into the financial institution's website and using an "agreed upon method" download the transactions and then supplying them to Quicken.  (Note Quicken Inc pays Intuit for this service.)

Depending on what form those transactions are provided in the problem can either be with what the financial institutions supplies or with Intuit's processing of them.

But in either case for Express Web Connect only Intuit and/or the financial institution can fix the problem.  But you can't contact Intuit directly for this problem.  You will need to go through Quicken Inc support as they are the "customer" that Intuit is being paid by/supporting.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.