replacing false acct info

While my cc was transferring to a new card # I accumulated all these charges in the account that was in sync with quicken as "xfer purchase bal to" with a total, but no other category or name info.

There are about 30 of them in the quicken register. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to delete them and have quicken re-download the correct data?

When I select them and hit delete, I get a warning than they are downloaded transaction and will not be replaced.

Thanks very much

Henry

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Henry Cline

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To answer your question, if the transactions are deleted they cannot be re-downloaded.

Downloaded transactions have a unique transaction ID called the FITID Quicken uses this number to prevent duplicate transactions and will not allow for the same transaction to be re-entered.

If you are able to view the amount of the transaction are you able to compare the transactions to either a bank statement or the bank's website to enter the payee and category for these transactions?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Henry Cline
    Henry Cline Member ✭✭
    Thanks very much. I can view and save the transactions on the website, but was hoping to do something other than manually repair all the false transactions.

what about if I save the web based transaction to a .qfx docuemtn and then delete the ones in Quicken and re-import using the doewnloaded .qfx? Would that work?

Thanks for your time

Henry
  • Henry Cline
    Henry Cline Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I will try downloading a qfx, creating a new acct in Quicken, importing to the new account and then dragging them over.
  • vknoesel
    vknoesel Member
    I'm having a similar issue. On 4/3 it started with Citicard, every transaction that's a debit is also showing up as a credit with "XFER PURCHASE BAL TO" then it hits the "Transfer" account. I can't figure out where it's being transferred to. I checked out the Citi card website and all transactions there are correct. Can I just delete these transfers manually?
  • Henry Cline
    Henry Cline Member ✭✭
    I wound up downloading the old info in a qfx file and creating a new acct in quicken, importing the old data and dragging and dropping into the correct account. A little bit clunky, but it worked.
This discussion has been closed.