Quicken Sync to Cloud is Altering [Transfers] in My Transactions

Options
Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2020, Version R25.21, Build 27.1.25.21

I want to report a bug. Quicken is changing my transactions when I Synchronize to the Cloud. I don't know if this started when I upgraded to Deluxe 2020 in January, or after. I don't believe it was present in Deluxe 2019.

Specifically, in my paycheck deposits in Checking, which include a transfer to my Savings via “Split”, after I Sync to Cloud:
1. In Savings,
a. the transfer deposit (that was created by the Checking entry) is changed to “uncleared”.
b. A duplicate "cleared" deposit is added in Savings which says it is a transfer from Checking, but when I right-click and select Go To Matching Transfer, “The transfer transaction is to an account that no longer exists in Quicken.”
2. In the next/future scheduled Income Reminder for my paycheck, the saved transfer to [Savings] is removed.

I have created a PDF file, 14 pages of screenshots, with history and evidence. I can email it to Quicken Support. It has pictures of account balances so I do not want to post it publicly.

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hello @Pete Hasbrook,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

I suggest first performing a reset to your Quicken Cloud, by following these steps: 
    1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.
    Please also take a look here at an ongoing Discussion regarding an issue of this nature, which may be a contributing factor for what you're experiencing in Quicken. 

Let us know how the reset goes! 

-Quicken Natalie

• Pete Hasbrook
    Pete Hasbrook Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I did the reset this week. It did not go well.

First, in "Quicken ID, Sync [not Mobile] & Alerts", I did not have a section called "Troubleshooting" with a link to "Reset your cloud data". The bottom right section was called "Mobile & Web", and it had a blue button called Get Started. That button took me to the Mobile & Web tab, where I could see my Last Sync date (3/21/20) and the blue button to Sync Now.
    Rather than Sync, since I didn't have the link to Reset my cloud data, I decided to sign out of the cloud. I did that and closed Quicken and reopened it, and then signed into my Quicken account as prompted.

Then I went to Preferences and I had the option to Reset my cloud data. I did.

Then I went to Mobile & Alerts, and it said my Last Sync was Never (that makes sense), and I started the Sync. It was taking long, as I'd expected, but then it quit with an error message saying "Quicken encountered a server-side error while syncing your data [HTTP-500]. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support."

That aborted sync created duplicate transfers into my savings again, marked as "cleared" but with the same error message above, ie the account no longer exists in Quicken. It also deleted the [Savings] transfers in the splits in our future paychecks.

The worse problem was that it duplicated the opening balance for each of the accounts that I sync to the cloud, so all of the current balances in Quicken were wrong.

As I'm finishing my Quicken session for today, I have removed all of the duplicate dead-end deposits, re-fixed my future paycheck reminders, deleted the duplicate opening balances, and synced to the cloud again. That sync completed normally as far as I can tell, with no new duplicate transactions. Now everything looks correct.

We'll see what happens in two weeks with our next round of paychecks and splits and transfers.
  • MrMoo
    MrMoo Member ✭✭
    Options
    The problem isn't just paycheck deposits. Quicken Sync was causing me to loose statement data across multiple types of accounts and transactions until I turned it off.
This discussion has been closed.