Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

my email address is incorrect, its not letting me change it to log in

My saved log email is incorrect. It's not letting me change it to be able to log in

Best Answer

Answers

• lindaland2
    lindaland2 Member
    It says the incorrect email is not a valid user ID. I also received a response saying my login had been changed to a shortened version to protect my email. I'm not able to delete the old email in the log in window to try the shortened version. It appears its been saved and won't allow me to make changes to it
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @lindaland2,

If you can't delete the "autofill" on the form itself, you'll need to clear it in your web browser's settings, as follows:

for Chrome here are the steps:
    • Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar (the icon featuring three vertical dots)
    • Select More Tools > Clear Browsing Data
    • In the dialogue that appears, check the “Autofill form data” checkbox, then select the amount of data you’d like to delete from the dropdown menu at the top of dialogue box. (Select “the beginning of time” to clear everything.)
    • Click the “Clear browsing data” button when finished
    for Microsoft Explorer here are the steps:
    • click on the "Tools" icon at the top right-hand side of your screen, then select "Internet Options" and pick the "Content" tab.
    • Look for the AutoComplete section and click on "Settings." At the bottom of that section, there's an option to "Delete AutoComplete History." click on that;
    • Click on "Form Data" box & unclick on all other boxes; then press "delete" button

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • lindaland2
    lindaland2 Member
    Thank you so much! That sounded like it would solve it.....it didn't solve it. My old email address is still auto filling.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you using a Password Manager program, like RoboForm, that you are using with your Browser?

Which browser are you using?
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21364.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.928

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar when click About Quicken,

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

This discussion has been closed.