What is the meaning of the orange paper airplane symbol with a green check mark next to it?

What is the meaning of the orange paper airplane symbol with a green check mark next to it in my checking register/ledger?

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm not sure I know what symbol you're referring to. How about a screenshot?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    Looking at your screenshot, I find it very bizarre. First, that is not a symbol that appears in any of the documentation, nor one that I've ever seen. 

Secondly, the status symbol (if that's what this is) is overlapped vertically with the green checkmark which normally appears in the Clr column by itself. The Status column and Clr column should never overlap.

I would quit Quicken, restart your computer and then see if it still looks like that. If so, perhaps contact Quicken support for a screen share so they can see what's going on.
  • Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    It indicates a "Check Pay" transaction that has been processed.
  • RickO
    Makers said:
    It indicates a "Check Pay" transaction that has been processed.
    Interesting. I don't use Bill Pay or Check Pay so I've not seen that.

Is the flag actually part of the green checkmark in the Clr column instead of being in the Status column like a "normal" flag. If so, that's a very bizarre implementation. 
  • Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    It is exactly as pictured in the screen shot I posted. The icon is in the very first column to the left of the date, in the same place you might see a blue dot, blue pencil, and so on.
  • RickO
    Okay, good to know. I guess your screenshot may have gotten a little "squished" because that symbol and the green checkmark should not overlap horizontally as they do in your screenshot. 

If you have time, perhaps you can do another screenshot by sliding the Clr column over one column to the right, then take the screenshot that includes the column headers like this:

I'm curious. But if you don't have time, that's okay.
  • Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately I deleted that transaction as a duplicate, but I can tell you the symbol looks exactly as depicted in the screenshot. Not "squished." That said, I can attach two additional screenshots, formatted as you requested to show the "Clr" column in proximity to the first column. These two screenshots identify "Check Pay" transactions in two earlier states, they are "in processing" and "printed and mailed." The one with the checkmark I uploaded two days ago seems to indicate the check was cashed.
  • RickO
    Ah, that's making sense now. In your original screenshot, I thought the green checkmark was the one that appears in the Clr column. Now I see that it is not. Instead, it's part of the orange airplane icon in the Status column.

Looks like orange airplane icons can include different "subscripts" that can be a green checkmark, gear, and perhaps others. I think this may be confusing for user, but oh well.

I've asked for the mods to pass along to the dev team that the Help article about Status icons is now incomplete. Hopefully it will get updated soon.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @RickO, do you have the link for the status icons article that you can provide? 

If so, I can go ahead and submit a request to have it modified and brought up to date.

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja,
    If RickO doesn't have it, here's what I've seen on the community blog:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7853387/meaning-of-icons-in-the-register-blue-vs-orange-pencil-dot-or-no-dot
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2020
    Oh okay @Makers, I know which article that's from. That article was also archived. So, I'll go ahead and submit a request to have it updated and taken out of the archive.

Thank you for providing that!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• RickO
    @RickO, do you have the link for the status icons article that you can provide? 
    I was not referring to a community article (although that should be updated). I was referring to the in-product help information in QMac. If you click the Help menu and enter "icon" in the search box, it is the first result:

It is not up to date.
  • Quicken Anja
    @RickO Oh okay, so it's not up to date within the Quicken help menu either then. 

Thank you for bringing that up! 

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• Makers
    Makers Member ✭✭
    Thank you both!
This discussion has been closed.