Last Reconciled Date is Incorrect- (Edited to Include Topic)

I have been down with a broken hip since November.  I have not reconciled my bank account. 

When I try it brings up the date "Last date reconciled 9/29/19. How can I get it to "last date 3/31/20" so I can continue to reconcile monthly from now?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020 Answer ✓
    I have been down with a broken hip since November. When I try to reconcile my account it brings up " Last reconciled 9/29/ 19. How can get it to say "last date reconciled 3/31/20" so I can start again monthly to reconcile my accounts?
    To get Quicken to say last date reconciled 3/31/20, press Ctrl + R, set the Ending statement date: to 3/31/20, set the Ending balance: to the statement's closing balance on 3/31/20, select OK, and complete the reconcile.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on your description, you have not reconciled since late last year. Quicken states that it has not performed a reconciliation since September of 2019. You cannot reconcile by starting with April 1 of 2020. The only way to reconcile is to start with the last month in Quicken and go forward.
  • norinneholtwal
    norinneholtwal Member ✭✭
    I have been down with a broken hip since November. When I try to reconcile my account it brings up " Last reconciled 9/29/ 19. How can get it to say "last date reconciled 3/31/20" so I can start again monthly to reconcile my accounts?
  • norinneholtwal
    norinneholtwal Member ✭✭
    Can I just type the new date in and it will bring up the right date for me?
  • norinneholtwal
    norinneholtwal Member ✭✭
    Can I just Type the new date in and it will bring up my transactions for that month?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020 Answer ✓
    To get Quicken to say last date reconciled 3/31/20, press Ctrl + R, set the Ending statement date: to 3/31/20, set the Ending balance: to the statement's closing balance on 3/31/20, select OK, and complete the reconcile.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't you use your older statements, post 9/29/19, and reconcile month-by-month until you're caught up.
    The problem with trying to do a "quantum leap" reconcile is that if there's an error anywhere in that period is mighty difficult to find and correct.
    With a month-by-month reconcile, that problem goes away.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.