Display bills and reminders

One my credit cards I have set up in quicken shows a reading pane at the bottom of the register to see bills and reminders, however my main bank account does not and I can figure out how to get that to show up. I do not want the bills and reminders to be in my register I just want them to show up at the bottom like previous versions of Quicken has done and one of my accounts does.

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi @Dale99,

Take a look at the below picture - It should show up at the bottom of each register and if you click on the arrow in the red circle, it should open up the reminders.  Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Dale99
    Dale99 Member
    I already though of that. That arrow doesn't show up on any of the accounts accept for the one.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the accounts that don't have those tabs at the bottom - are they set-up for download or not?

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Dale99
    Dale99 Member
    none of my accounts are set up to download and I doublechecked that to be sure.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that is the reason that the window doesn't appear at the bottom.  Typically there are 2 tabs that can appear at the bottom of an account register screen, namely "Downloaded Transactions" and "Bill and Income Reminders" (3 tabs for investment accounts with the extra tab being Placeholder Entries").  It is possible that for the one for which you see a tab - you have a set-up a reminder.

Frankx

• Dale99
    Dale99 Member
    Do you mean a bill reminder? I actually have reminders set up on all of my accounts because there are bills that are scheduled in all of them.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Dale99,

I think you said there was one account where you could see tabs below the account register. For which type of account are you seeing the tab at the bottom - is it a checking account, a credit card account, or some other type?

Frankx

• Dale99
    Dale99 Member
    It's a credit card account. I have 4 credit card accounts and three bank accounts listed in quicken and only the one credit card account shows the tabs under the register.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have set-up bill or income reminders for those accounts, then there should be a tab at the bottom of each register where such a future transaction is set-up.

Which versions of both Quicken and Windows are you using?  Are those both up to date?

• Dale99
    Dale99 Member
    I am using Windows 10 and it is up to date. I am also using the latest version of Quicken, I have a membership, before I posted this I went in and check to see if there was any updates and it said that it is up to date.
  • Dale99
    Dale99 Member
    That did it. Thanks a bunch
This discussion has been closed.