Sync to Cloud, Windows stops

Options
Of late, every time Quicken starts to sync, windows stops. Have to stop Quicken via Task Manager and then restart. Suggestions? I still have windows 7 but this has been going on since November/December.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

• Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    Options
    Will the task manager say Quicken is not responding while the process is taking place?
  • Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. This time I opted to wait rather than close when I got the Windows Quicken is not running response from the task manager. It did sync.
  • Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    Options
    I take it all back. The end of the process was a box that said "error". Do I have to sync to the cloud? I have a program backing up to a separate file in house so not sure why I need the cloud.
  • Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is no to both. Looked for how one can turn off sync through quicken help. Got no help. How does one turn it off?
This discussion has been closed.