Mortgage shows balloon payment that doesn't exist

I can't find an account/mortgage/loan category so I am starting here.

We recently refinanced and now our mortgage shows a balloon payment that doesn't exist. How do I remove that? I am attaching screen shots of the details and terms windows.

Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi @banks.robertc,

Can you take a look at the "What If Tool" tab (the far right tab on the main mortgage screen).  Tell me whether there are any entries in the "What if..." section.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Colleen Green
    Colleen Green Member ✭✭
    All of my mortgage detail is off. Keeps skipping a month. Changing interest rate keeps changing payment value and won't allow you to correct it. Bill payment date claims date has to be before 10/2019 but error window tells you to pick a date that is not past today's date. Very frustrating that this just stated going wonkie? why and how do I fix it or can I. Thank you
  • banks.robertc
    banks.robertc Member ✭✭
    I tried that. Balloon wasn't listed there.

I ended up deleting and recreating the account and now it's fine. It was a pain to do, but at least things are good now.

Thank you!
    RB
  • Colleen Green
    Colleen Green Member ✭✭
    i am having same issue to plus more but recently my balloon is out and payment schedule is off on months as well. If i delete it, how do i restore the payment part unless i create a dummy account and transfer data back?
  • Colleen Green
    Colleen Green Member ✭✭
    To Frankx, i show info here but not sure what exactly you are looking for here in that screen, if you could elaborate please.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @banks.robertc,

Thanks for the update.  I am concerned however that there could be a data corruption issue.  You may want to do some file troubleshooting see this link https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

But make sure you backup your data file before you do this.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi "@Colleen Green"

Sorry that you are having issues with your mortgage account in Quicken.  Can you tell us which versions of both Quicken and Windows you are currently using?

Frankx

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @banks.robertc  Please take a snapshot of the SPLIT LINES in your transaction payment (in your checking account).  I believe that the problem lies there.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Colleen Green
    Colleen Green Member ✭✭
    Frankx Quicken ver R22.35 (2019) build 27.1.22.35 Canada Windows 10 home. This is not the first time i have had issues. I have had to turn off my auto sync as it keeps converting to us accnts from cdn. also another know issue. Seems like there are all kind of issues with this. i have used this when intuit owned them and we did not have these issues. I am very disappointed but don't know of another option to use. I do have quickbooks but not for the use that i use quicken for. any thoughts would be appreciated
  • Colleen Green
    Colleen Green Member ✭✭
    @banks.robertc I opened up the windows and discovered a difference there. Accounts are different from years past. not sure how they suddenly changed. Do I go back and change each one individually and trust that this resets all the errors
    thanks for your help
  • Colleen Green
    Colleen Green Member ✭✭
    I checked the transactions and only 3 were misplaced. It appears bill payment and mortgage loan details are not in sync. payment dates differ and payment numbers left differ. it will not let me edit in loan details.
  • Colleen Green
    Colleen Green Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frankx for your help.
This discussion has been closed.