Transaction not synched error

I get this error message when I am syncing before exiting Quicken:

The desktop transaction in <my account> on "01/31/2020" was not synced. Illegal operation.

This happened after I upgraded to the subscription version because Quicken is going to neuter the version I bought and paid for!

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020 Answer ✓
    Thank you for the information! 

A few other customers have said that the email response doesn't work, so there might be a bug going on with that that we'll need to look into. So, thank you for letting me know!

Since you're not using either of those external apps though, you don't really need the sync feature turned on since syncing to the Quicken Cloud's only purpose is to transport your data into the Mobile and Web apps.

To turn this off, please follow the steps below--
    Tools > One Step Update (enter vault password if applicable) > In the One Step Update screen you should see a checkbox for "Sync to Quicken Cloud"-- if this is checked, go ahead and uncheck it > Click "Update Now" to make sure the change takes effect and to verify that this will stop the error from reoccurring.

You can also review this support article about it. It shows an illustration of what I described so you can know what you're looking for in case you have any trouble finding it.

Hope this works for you!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Perfect, glad to hear that worked!

As for your question-- I've seen it go both ways. So, it's hard to say without simply turning it on (when you decide to) and seeing whether or not you receive the same error again or (possibly) a different error. 

If that does end up happening, then definitely feel free to reach back out to us or Quicken Support via phone or chat so we can assist and guide you through the correct error-specific troubleshooting steps for the error you would be receiving at that time!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @Neil Jon Harrington,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First-- Could you provide which version release of Quicken you are using, please?
    Help > About Quicken

Also, do you use the Quicken Mobile and/or Web app at all or are you solely using the Quicken desktop program? The reason I ask is that depending on whether or not you use the Mobile and/or Web app will determine the right course of action to take.

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• Hi Anja,

Year: 2020
    Version: R25.21
    Build: 27.1.25.21

I only use the desktop version right now.

Neil
  • Hi again, Anja,

Also, just so you know, in your email to me you said I could reply to the email, but that was bounced because it comes from a "no-reply" email address, so that did not work.

Thank you for looking into this for me.

Neil
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2020 Answer ✓
    Thank you for the information! 

A few other customers have said that the email response doesn't work, so there might be a bug going on with that that we'll need to look into. So, thank you for letting me know!

Since you're not using either of those external apps though, you don't really need the sync feature turned on since syncing to the Quicken Cloud's only purpose is to transport your data into the Mobile and Web apps.

To turn this off, please follow the steps below--
    Tools > One Step Update (enter vault password if applicable) > In the One Step Update screen you should see a checkbox for "Sync to Quicken Cloud"-- if this is checked, go ahead and uncheck it > Click "Update Now" to make sure the change takes effect and to verify that this will stop the error from reoccurring.

You can also review this support article about it. It shows an illustration of what I described so you can know what you're looking for in case you have any trouble finding it.

Hope this works for you!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• Thank you for the fast response, Anja. That worked.

In the future, if I want to use the website or the app if I turn sync back on, will it start fresh so I won't have to worry about a transaction sync issue?

Neil
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Perfect, glad to hear that worked!

As for your question-- I've seen it go both ways. So, it's hard to say without simply turning it on (when you decide to) and seeing whether or not you receive the same error again or (possibly) a different error. 

If that does end up happening, then definitely feel free to reach back out to us or Quicken Support via phone or chat so we can assist and guide you through the correct error-specific troubleshooting steps for the error you would be receiving at that time!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.