Citi Costco Visa download wants doesn't recognize existing account (using Quicken Connect on Mac)

Citi Costco Visa download wants doesn't recognize existing account (using Quicken Connect on Mac). Instead, given the Citi download file, Quicken for Mac wants to set up a new "Credit Line" account. Not only does it happen using Quicken Connect, it also happens when the download comes via Citi's "Export" (download transactions) link. This behavior -- not recognizing the existing Quicken credit card account -- is new to me (early April 2020).
Any ideas as to what changed or what's happening?

Best Answers

• Magpie
    Magpie Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Wow, success :)
    "First, I suggest you try following these error-specific step by step troubleshooting instructions in this support article."

This 4-step procedure worked. Whew!

A *minor* suggestion I'd make is to reword the First step to emphasize unchecking *hidden* accounts (as opposed to the one in question). It's correct as written but led me to uncheck the account I was working on. But I figured it out.

Many, many thanks. I'm back in action again.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Hello @Magpie,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, and I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First-- could you please provide the version release of Quicken you are running?
    Help > About Quicken

To better assist you-- are you receiving any specific error codes when trying to download from Citi Costco Visa? Also, you mentioned that you are using Quicken Connect, --thank you for providing that-- however, could you check the financial institution name it is connected to (usually this would either be Citibank or Citi Cards)?
    Select the account > Settings on the bottom-right of the register > Financial Institution: "name"

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Magpie
    Magpie Member ✭✭
    Hello, Anja, thank you for the quick reply.
    First, here's the key info:
    Quicken Version 5.15.3 (Build 515.33035.100).
    Financial Institution: Citi Cards
    There were no error codes.
    Nominally, the download was "successful" but the result was that Quicken prompted to set up a new account for 'Line of Credit', instead of updating the existing credit card account.

Again now running Accounts > Update the Selected Online Account, I see this from the LAST update on 3/20/2020: Partial Download (-28), 18 new transactions downloaded ..., CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.101:General error:layout not available.

However, on this try there were no transactions downloaded via Quicken Connect.

Let me try Citi's Export feature.
    Citi: "Done! You've exported the file Since Mar 20, 2020.QFX with 35 transactions."
    Quicken: "1 Account Found; Add or link ...; 'Line of Credit'
    The existing Credit Card account is NOT listed as a link option.

Thank you again for reaching out, Anja. If more info is needed, just ask.
  • Magpie
    Magpie Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Wow, success :)
    "First, I suggest you try following these error-specific step by step troubleshooting instructions in this support article."

This 4-step procedure worked. Whew!

A *minor* suggestion I'd make is to reword the First step to emphasize unchecking *hidden* accounts (as opposed to the one in question). It's correct as written but led me to uncheck the account I was working on. But I figured it out.

Many, many thanks. I'm back in action again.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Even though you got it working with Quicken Connect, I'd suggest changing it to Direct Connect. It is free for Citi Costco card, more reliable, faster, and more future proof.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Magpie
    Magpie Member ✭✭
    Appreciate the tip. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.