Inaccurate Spending Over Time Chart in iOS Mobile app

blisstar
blisstar Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Using the Mobile App
Monthly Spending over Time chart in mobile app not summing correctly. Chart is correct on Mac Client and Web access.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @blisstar

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be happening.

Do you have spending for this month in any accounts that are not synced to mobile?

To verify which accounts are selected to sync, please navigate to Quicken > Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts then accounts.

Also, what is the date range that you are viewing on the Spending Over Time Report on the desktop version?

Lastly, have the accounts in Quicken been updated and synced? Is it possible the mobile app has transactions entered that have yet to be synced to the desktop version?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • blisstar
    blisstar Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka - all accounts are synced and spending is showing for synced accounts. Thats the issue. If I add up the spending being synced it is much higher than what the chart says for the month. It would make sense if the report was a net income report yet this is a spending report.

Date range I am using is YTD
  • blisstar
    blisstar Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka mentioning you for my response above. Wasn't sure if you would be alerted to my reply if you weren't mentioned.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

I had briefly experienced a discrepancy and comparing my mobile app to the desktop app, however, my issue was that the mobile app had additional transactions that I had not synced and my mobile app and desktop now match after syncing.

Do you track any brokerage accounts? If so, do you have any "Payment/Deposit" type transactions this month?

If so, are those transactions being shown in the mobile app?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • blisstar
    blisstar Member ✭✭
    no brokerage accounts.

I can tell you that the mobile app report "Top Trending Categories Last 30 Days" has the correct spending amount when I drill in and choose 'This Month' or 'Month to Date.' The spending amount matches the desktop version and my expectations to the penny.

It's the mobile app 'Spending Over Time' chart that is not calculating properly. Someone at Quicken should take a closer look at that chart.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thank you for confirming that you do not have any brokerage accounts.

Thank you for the additional details, as my current spending this month in the mobile app matches my spending overtime report, I am having trouble recreating this issue.

I did find a previous month in which I had a discrepancy in the mobile app. May I ask, in the mobile app, do you see any positive amounts or income transactions listed under spending?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • blisstar
    blisstar Member ✭✭
    I don't yet. I just did the math on the delta and it matches one transaction in the report. when I change that transaction to another account the report shows the right number. Odd. Trying to figure out how
This discussion has been closed.