Where do I find Auto backups in Premiere for mac?

Options
I recently had a computer failure after several months of work on quicken. Unfortunately I did have a recent system back up on my backup drive so my new computer was restored it from a system backup that was several months old (thus loosing several months of quicken work). However my original hard drive from the crashed computer was retrieved with all its data intact and I am now trying to find the most recent quicken auto backups from my original hard drive to restore my quicken data on the new computer.

In going through my former hard drive I do not see any recent autoback ups for Quicken Premiere - I only see backups from a previous version of quicken before I upgraded to premeire. Where does Premiere for Mac store its back ups???

I had been looking at: "Library/Quicken/Application Supprt/Quicken/Backups/Automated Backups" but there does not appear to be any recent backups in that folder from after I upgraded to premier. Where else should I be looking?????

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    That is the default location. To find where your backups actually are, try these:

1. in Quicken, open top menu File > Show Backups in Finder

2. open Quicken > Preferences > General > button:Backup Folder. See where this points to.

3. Do a Spotlight or Finder search for ".quickenbackup"
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • rdeeble
    rdeeble Member ✭✭
    Options
    HI Rick, yes I can see that folder using spotlight on the disk (keep in mind that disk is not running the computer - its just external at this point). However all of the backups in this folder say "pre-update" or have dates prior to my upgrade to "Quicken Premiere" which makes me question whether Quicken changed how they handle backups on their latetest upgrade? I don't see any backups anywhere with a recent date in April or March 2020. Any thoughts on that?
  • RickO
    Options
    What version did you upgrade from? If it was QM2015-QM2017, then the default backup location is the same, except the folder in Applications Support is titled Quicken201x. Current Quicken Premier omits the year in the folder name.

In Quicken, if you click the Backup Folder in Preferences > General, where does that lead you? Is that the folder you're referring to above?

Did you do a Finder search (on that drive) for ".quickenbackup"? If you did, and that didn't find anything, then I'm at a loss as to where your backups are. It may be that you didn't have auto backup turned on?
  • rdeeble
    rdeeble Member ✭✭
    Options
    HI Rick - i figured it out. I called quicken support and they were very helpful. I must of been searching the wrong drive when I used spotlight (easy to do because mac isn't super intuitive there as to what drive its searching but also both drives were named the same). The technician helped me do the search from the mounted drive using some key commands command +option+. that made sure we looked in the right place. And then the other thing was to make sure we did the search from within my user folder as there were other application support folders in different places. All that to say we found the backup and it installed correctly wheeeh! what a relief.
  • RickO
    Options
    Great to hear! Glad support was able to help. It's one of those things that doing with you live was much more effective than back and forth on the forum.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @rdeeble  Glad you're back up and running.

Now, take the backup pledge: "I, rdeeble, will invest $100 in an external hard drive, or will use an existing one if I have one available, and will enable it for the included Time Machine backup that's part of macOS. That will insure I always have many generations of Quicken backup files, and no backup older than an hour old." :)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.