Transaction Amount forced to -92,233,720,368,547,758.00 when adding shares

Recently whenever I use the "Add - Shares Added" transaction, the amount calculated is correct on the enter transaction window and as the Inv Amt and Cash Amt on the main investment page. But it does not show the added lots on the Account Overview window. When I look at the Security Detail View in the transaction history section it shows the transaction with the amount calculated to be -92,233,720,368,547,758.00. This has only happened for Add Shares transactions that I posted after 2018. All Add Share Transactions in 2018 and before are appearing correctly. This is preventing me for my sales from specifying any of the lots where I used the Add-Shares Added transaction in 2019 and 2020. Any clues?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use this site's search box with the phrase "92 quadrillion", you might find some solutions a touch easier than the "Known Issue" solution.  At the same time, those easier solutions may not as fully address the underlying problem.  Proceed at you own risk either way, and keep plenty of backups along the way.

Which brings another possible solution to the forefront (again no promises) -- restore a backup and see of the same error appears.  
  • ToddH
    ToddH Member
    After several curses at the Quicken Developers, begrudgingly I am in the middle of what Tom Young suggested with the movement via a temp account and exporting/importing the transactions with the issue. But I am stuck on the move step. Quicken is not allowing me to only select the transactions in error to move. When I attempt to select one, all of the transactions are check-marked. Any clues?