Security in Price Update

How to remove a security in Price Update. I tried hiding the security but it still shows.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @tomsir,

To remove a particular security fro the price update (or "download quotes" process) do this:

1) Open the security list - go to "Tools" > "Security List"
    2) Locate the security by name on the list
    3) Uncheck the "Download Quotes" box next to that security.
    4) Click "Done"

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Take care & stay safe.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please clarify -
    Are you just watching a Security - and no longer wish to download quotes ?
    If you have never actually owned any shares - you could also just delete it.
    OR - you could UN-check the boxes for Downloading and/or Watch List.
    ... Tools --> Security List -->

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• tomsir
    tomsir Member ✭✭
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @tomsir,
    >
    > To remove a particular security fro the price update (or "download quotes" process) do this:
    >
    > 1) Open the security list - go to "Tools" > "Security List"
    > 2) Locate the security by name on the list
    > 3) Uncheck the "Download Quotes" box next to that security.
    > 4) Click "Done"
    >
    > Let me know if you have any additional questions.
    >
    > Take care & stay safe.
    >
    > Frankx

I have unchecked "download quotes" but security is still showing on "Price Update". It's funny because both of these securities are Fidelity Money Market funds.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tomsir,

Let's try a couple more things. 

First open up the "Security List" page again and go to the very bottom of the window and check the "Show hidden securities" box.  Then refresh your screen and see if there any duplicates of the security you were trying to stop from downloading. If so uncheck the "Download quotes" boxes for all, and while you are at it, also uncheck the "watch list" box for all as well. 

Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• tomsir
    tomsir Member ✭✭
    > @Frankx said:
    > @tomsir,
    >
    > Let's try a couple more things. 
    >
    > First open up the "Security List" page again and go to the very bottom of the window and check the "Show hidden securities" box.  Then refresh your screen and see if there any duplicates of the security you were trying to stop from downloading. If so uncheck the "Download quotes" boxes for all, and while you are at it, also uncheck the "watch list" box for all as well. 
    >
    > Let me know how this goes.
    >
    > Frankx

Still showing.