Sync to Cloud, Windows stops

Of late, every time Quicken starts to sync, windows stops. Have to stop Quicken via Task Manager and then restart. Suggestions? I still have windows 7 but this has been going on since November/December.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

• Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    Will the task manager say Quicken is not responding while the process is taking place?
  • Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    Thank you. This time I opted to wait rather than close when I got the Windows Quicken is not running response from the task manager. It did sync.
  • Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    I take it all back. The end of the process was a box that said "error". Do I have to sync to the cloud? I have a program backing up to a separate file in house so not sure why I need the cloud.
  • Moorhatch
    Moorhatch Member ✭✭
    It is no to both. Looked for how one can turn off sync through quicken help. Got no help. How does one turn it off?
This discussion has been closed.