Alerts--Maturity dates CD

Please review: How To Add a Certificate of Deposit (CD) To the Quicken Security List

1) In Quicken, select the Investing Tab > Tools (blue text on the far right-hand of your screen) > from the drop down menu, select Security List (alternatively, click CTRL + Y) to bring up the Security List pop-up box.
2) In the lower-left hand corner, click on the Add Security button.
3) In the Add Security to Quicken pop-up box, in the lower left – “If the symbol / company name is not found or you prefer to enter it manually “ - click on the blue-text link that says “Click here”
(When entering CD information, you can ignore the Ticker symbol data entry field in the pop-up box.)
4) Enter a unique name for your CD in the Name data entry field.
5) In the Security type data entry field, click on the drop down and select “CD”, then click the Next button in the lower right-hand corner of the pop-up box.
6) With the Asset class drop down menu, select Cash.
7) Please be sure to also enter the Maturity Date, then click Done.

To view the Maturity Date of your CDs in Quicken (if you wanted to build and view a CD Ladder in Quicken, for example):
Investing > Tools > Security List > select your CD(s) and check the box to add the CDs to your Watch List
If need be, on the right-hand side, click on the GEAR symbol Options > select Columns > scroll down to Maturity Date > click the ADD button > click OK to save your work. Repeat as necessary to build the CD Ladder.

If this does not fully answer your question, please post back in this thread with additional details. Or, if need be, contact Quicken Support directly.

Tried all of the above----Alerts still not showing up

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can get this alert to appear. Well, most of it, anyway, in this truncated dialog. I changed the maturity date of a CD to 2 days from now to test.
    Have you gone to the Alerts Center > Setup > Investing > Maturity date and made sure it is set as you want? E.g., "Urgent" if you want this truncated dialog:

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Really appreciate your prompt reply. I actually did a chat with Quicken yesterday and agent was very helpful. He spent over 30 minutes with me to duplicate the issue. I was only showing 2 alerts for CD's coming up in the next few months. I had probably two dozen more coming up in the next 4-2 years. He advised me that Show Alerts will only show CD's coming up in the next 90 days. I tried it with a test CD and it worked.
    This will be helpful to check when CD's are coming up.
    Just wish there was a way to get notified via e-mail when CD's are coming up.
    I recently had a couple CD's mature and the bank never notified me. They were earning 3% and ended up just earning nothing for the next six months until I realized that they matured.
    I know you can put all the CD's on your cell phone with reminder dates, but I was hoping that there was a way to be notified on Quicken when they mature.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Rocket--Where did you find this report called maturity dates for cd's. You posted it in another thread with about a dozen CD's.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    I found the report under investments------
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, my maturity and bond report came up empty. I had to add all my bank Cd's individually to the security tool and they don't show up when you customize the report.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Let me try and explain the above a little better or more clear (LOL)
    I added four CD's from Ally bank by going on line. These four CD's are now in my account list, but the CD's are not showing up in my Security List. Therefore, I had to enter them manually. Actually, All bank CD's that were downloaded to my accounts do not show up in the Securities Tool window. I had to manually enter all of them in the security window.
    I know there must be a way to link the security to the one shown in the accounts tab, but just can't figure it out.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Gary R said:
    I know there must be a way to link the security to the one shown in the accounts tab, but just can't figure it out.
    Unfortunately, CDs in a bank account cannot have their maturity dates tracked in Quicken. As you've seen, they must be "securities" in an investment account.
    If you want to track, report, and get alerts for maturity dates for bank CDs, you'll have to create a fake investment account to hold them. Which further means your bank account will no longer show accurate holdings. There doesn't seem to be any way around this. I'm simply fortunate that all my CDs are in a brokerage account in real life.
    Given all that, do you have further questions about this?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate you're taking the time to reply to my issue
    I was hoping there was a fix, but I guess I'll have to set up my cell phone for reminders. I may try and set up the fake investment account and play around with it to see if it works out for me.
    Again, thank you and be safe.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    You can certainly put the maturity dates in any kind of computerized calendar that has alerts. In your shoes, I'd put them in my Outlook calendar on my Windows PC, which syncs with my mobile devices.

• Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    I think I need to put you on my payroll---LOL
    That's a great idea and probably easier than starting with my cell phone.
    Now I just have to figure out how to put alerts on my outlook calendar. I'm over 70 and not really very advanced in technology. Honestly, never put anything on Outlook but pay every year for yearly subscription.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent some time looking for calendar on the top of the page but found nothing. Then by luck found the calendar icon on the bottom of the page. I clicked on it and it had all my Dr. appointments for this month.
    Had no idea this syncs with my cell phone---You just made my day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    God Bless you
This discussion has been closed.