R25.10 Multiple Problems

gmk3
gmk3 Member ✭✭✭
Quicken Team needs to address multiple problems introduced with the R25.10 "upgrade":
- slow loading of data file: the program sits for several seconds before reading the password entered in the data file dialog...while it apparently contacts a quicken server and tries to load a screen with a phone number and then a second screen with a quicken logon and password field.
- occasional crash when attempting to enter the data file password. Program closes without any message when giving focus to the data file dialog box.
- odd screen redraws throughout: even when maximized, it doesn't load the top border of the window (window close "x" remains at the upper left of the screen) until the window is minimized and then reopened. Other times, the screen refreshes once to overlay the windows status bar at the bottom of the screen, then refreshes again to properly display above the status bar.

Best Answer

Answers

• gmk3
    gmk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Whatever updates came along with Version 26.14, there appear to have been some major changes to screen updating. No more multiple redraws of the screen when an account is loaded. Investment accounts are displaying in about 1/2 the time.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    gmk3 said:
    Whatever updates came along with Version 26.14, there appear to have been some major changes to screen updating. No more multiple redraws of the screen when an account is loaded. Investment accounts are displaying in about 1/2 the time.

More likely that the update replaced some program files that were somehow corrupted during some install of something.  Installing the Mondo patch replaces files even if the version number in the is the same.  This tends to fix problems like this, and is why it is one the first recommended things to try when "weird" things are happening with Quicken.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • gmk3
    gmk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Umm...no. I have 2 nearly identical Win-10 laptops. One is almost always updated with the update process, the other almost always requires the mondo patch in order to force the updates to be done at the same time. Same behavior, same fix.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, OK.  I guess I should give the Quicken developers more credit.  :smile:

It is just that I didn't see any of what you described, either the before or the after.  But given different data files and different use patterns that can certainly happen.

Signature:
  • gmk3
    gmk3 Member ✭✭✭
    Maybe. Not sure if it has to do with the hi res monitor, the number / size of accounts or ?...but it is definitely drawing the screen faster and more fluidly. I see some minor font changes here and there as well. In any case, it's good to have the issue fixed.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I don't have a hi resolution screen so that could certainly be it.  I know Quicken Inc has been working on trying to get such things working better.  And it makes sense that the "refreshing" might be changed if they changed the way they did the graphics or such.

Anyways, I nice to know that there are improvements like this going in.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.