Can't Sync - 'Illegal Operation' Error Message

When I try to exit Quicken and the sync dialogue box comes up, I get a message that a particular transaction cannot be completed due to an illegal operation {0}. If I go to try and repair, there are not instructions in the repair box and thus 'apply' does not work. I have to exit out without syncing. This is the version I'm running: Year 2020, version R25.22, build 27.1.25.22

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tgarnett123

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps help to correct the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • tgarnett123
    tgarnett123 Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,

I went through the steps to rectify sync issues and it updated two out of the three accounts affected (thank you!). With the outstanding account, I then deactivated and reactivated as per the instructions provided. Unfortunately, the account is still not pulling in all of the transactions, even though it is saying that it updated today. It is showing the correct online balance, however, I know those aren't pending transactions as they cleared my bank account over a week ago (they go back as far as April 9th (2 transactions). So I'm not sure why this one isn't updating. Hopefully, you can help further.

Thanks
    Therese
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Therese,

Thank you for the response and for letting me know the results after completing the previous steps.

I would next recommend resetting the cloud.

1.  Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID Sync & Alerts

2.  Click the link to “Reset your cloud data”

After the reset has completed, are you still missing transactions?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • tgarnett123
    tgarnett123 Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka - I did those steps, logged out and back in and unfortunately, that one account is still not updating. It's strange as it was doing it before but it seems that everything stopped as of March 31st. I appreciate any further help you can provide. :'(
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @tgarnett123

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details, although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist.

Also, may I ask that you navigate to the Mobile and Web tab, and choose the Gear located in the box icon "Accounts Enabled on Mobile & Web."

Then uncheck the account and choose update accounts, and then re-check the accounts and update once more. 

If the error still persists please let me know:

The name of the bank that this account is associated with and what type of account is this? Checking, Savings, Credit Card?

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • tgarnett123
    tgarnett123 Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka - unfortunately, when I go through those steps and try to uncheck the box, it's greyed out, so it won't allow me to do so. :-(
  • tgarnett123
    tgarnett123 Member ✭✭
    Tyka - sorry - it's a savings account with TD Canada Trust.
This discussion has been closed.