New category not displaying in 1-Month Budget (Q Mac)

drumsdb
drumsdb Member ✭✭
So I have yet another budget issue.

I added a new income category this morning to track unexpected income. (ie...stimulus payment). It is set up as a sub-category of Personal Income. I edited the budget and selected the correct categories to include this new one.

Now, when I view the 1 month budget, the value does and category does not appear. However, when I look in the 12-month view, the fields and values are there.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @drumsdb

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be happening.

What is the date that is being displayed on the one month budget? 

Also, if you go to "Edit Budget" is there a budgeted amount for the new category?

Lastly, please navigate to Quicken > About Quicken and provide the release you are currently running.

The more information you can provide the better able the Community is to assist.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • drumsdb
    drumsdb Member ✭✭
    Date: April 2020

Edit Budget Amount: The category is selected, so it does display on the "edit budget" screen. However, the amount is $0.00 budgeted.
    (This is a field I want to see misc. income, so it is for unexpected drop in income against a standard 0 monthly budget).

Version: 5.15.3 (Build 515.33035.100)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Try setting the budgeted amount to 1. Does that change your result?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • drumsdb
    drumsdb Member ✭✭
    jacobs,

This did help to get the transaction to appear in the 1 month budget. However, I believe it is still a bug as I have several other categories where I use $0 budget and it still appears regardless of transaction activity.

It's a good work around for now. I'm still going to report it with quicken support next week.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.