Set future payments

How do I pay a future payment using the bill pay manger software - Set the amount and date.
The check pay on todays date is clear, but I am not finding how to set the future date and tell the software to pay the amount on that day.

Also, the inability to set repeating payments is an unbelievable disadvantage.

Best Answer

Answers

• rhilder7399
    rhilder7399 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I found the answer in other discussions - Not possible. I went from Q 2017 to the subscription Premier and have now spent more hours on program issues than if I had written a hard check for every transaction over the last 6 months.

I have been with Quicken since Checkfree days and am really disappointed with current problems. [removed - no soliciting]
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I suggest you consider using one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment from within Quicken using the Direct Connect connection method.   Otherwise, you may wait until Quicken provides the ability to schedule Quick Pay and Check Pay payments planned for end of the summer 2020 meet your needs: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-bill-manager-how-make-payments-using-quick-pay-and-check-pay
  • edwardsgw
    edwardsgw Member ✭✭
    So you can't set up a check pay payment for a date in the future? You can't set up a check pay payment for the day in the future when the bill is actually due? How is it possible that this most useful feature of Quicken Billpay is now gone?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edwardsgw said:
    So you can't set up a check pay payment for a date in the future? You can't set up a check pay payment for the day in the future when the bill is actually due? How is it possible that this most useful feature of Quicken Billpay is now gone?
    Correct.  Today, we are not able to schedule a Check Pay payment for a date in the future.  Quicken plans to provide the functionality by the end of the summer.

The most useful feature of Quicken Bill Pay is not now gone.  We may continue to schedule payments using Quicken Bill Pay until August 31, 2020 when Metavante Payment Services, LLC plans to terminate their service.

Note:  The ability to schedule payments to online payees continues to be available using any of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment from within Quicken using the Direct Connect connection method. 
This discussion has been closed.