Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Quick Pay / Check pay transition will be a big downgrade

[removed - off-topic] Consider these improvements:

→Do you use scheduled transactions to forecast your balances or budget? Well this new “feature” will set your linked scheduled transactions to $0 when you mark a bill payed so say goodbye to that functionality! Maybe write them on a grease-board? - Usability downgrade. Not to mention likelihood of accidental overdrafts.
→Do you budget for and pay more than the minimum due? Nope – when the does update it will override your budgeted payment with the minimum due. Usability downgrade.
→Do you schedule monthly payments from more than one account to a single biller? Well you can’t do that anymore! - Usability Downgrade.
→Do you think you can use Bill Pay to pay your bills outside of Bill Manager? Nope – as far as I can tell if the bill isn’t in Bill Pay then you can’t pay it with Quick Pay – you’ll need to use Check Pay and (if Premier like me) you only get 6 of those per month. - Usability downgrade AND a cost increase.
→Do you have bills that you currently can pay electronically but can’t find them in Bill Pay? You’ll be using Check Pay also. Let me just clarify that – some companies you pay electronically now will be getting a check by mail in the future because Quick Pay does less, much less. Usability downgrade AND a cost increase!

This is going to be a train wreck for me and a lot of other users too. It's ludicrous for Quicken Leadership to assume users will take all these functionality downgrades and remain loyal. If I am going to invest my time and energy compensating for the new “Quicken Less” – it won’t be with Quicken.

Is all this lost capability going to be restored somehow? If so when? If not tell me now.

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick Pay and Check Pay are not equivalent to Quicken Bill Pay.   I suggest you consider using one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment from within Quicken using the Direct Connect connection method.  
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • lwoodfinlwoodfin Member
    I will look into that but I don't know of it. I'd it works for my credit unions then maybe. But I really shouldn't have to compensate in any way. Less is always less.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    lwoodfin said:
    I will look into that but I don't know of it. I'd it works for my credit unions then maybe. But I really shouldn't have to compensate in any way. Less is always less.
    We always have to compensate.  Adaptation is necessary for survival.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • lwoodfinlwoodfin Member
    I prefer not to be the one adapting what I'm paying for a service... As it should be
  • George RaneyGeorge Raney Member ✭✭
    Concur with all. I've already transitioned most of my bill paying to the bank. This is a DEFINITE LOSS of functionality. And, it's about two days of my life that I spent figuring it out...that I'll never get back.
This discussion has been closed.