Budget report error

Options
My credit card was compromised and I have replaced it with a new one. All of the downloads are proper and the activity is hitting reports properly. None of the activity shows up in the budget report however. The account is not hidden and I can't find any way to make the activity hit my budget report. Probably an easy fix, but I sure don't know how.

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You need to make sure that new Account for the replacement credit card is selected as an Account that "feeds" the budget report.  I assume you're referring to a report selected by clicking on Reports > Spending > Current Budget.  If that's correct, customize your report (gear wheel at upper right corner of the report), click on the Accounts tab and make sure that new Account is selected.
  • Jeff Leisenring
    Jeff Leisenring Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Tom, but I am on a Mac and the string Reports>Spending is not an option for me. I have a single tab at the top for Budget and the only thing I can add or subtract are categories, not accounts.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Sorry, I frequently overlook that "Mac" notation.  Did you, in fact, create a new Account for the new card?  On the occasion when I, and other Super Users, (Windows Quicken), have had a card replaced it is possible to use the same Account as the old credit card.  Don't know if that's possible with the Mac.
  • SCA
    SCA Member
    Options
    I am having a similar issue... I created a budget and then added a new account but the transactions in the new account are not showing up in the budget calculations - please help! I am also using the MAC version.
  • Jeff Leisenring
    Jeff Leisenring Member ✭✭
    Options
    I contacted support and their only workaround was to create a whole new budget. This worked but was a major pain in the butt to have to re-enter all of my budget numbers for 2020. While all of the activity downloaded correctly into the new budget, all of my memo and note entries did not. I ended up not deleting the old 2020 budget so that I could always go back and recover any necessary entries to keep my anal retentive budgeting correct. I will try to get up the energy to contact Quicken to ask them to program a method to include any new accounts added after the budget year is in progress.

Best of luck
This discussion has been closed.