PNC/DC FI_Website_unavailable: ccscrape.105

jmw2
jmw2 Member
Can't download transactions, I've tried to reset the passwords but didn't help. I see that other banks are having similar issues... but didn't see PNC as one of them. Is this all related?

I wanted to check before I try to delete the connection and start again, or is that the best solution?

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jmw2

Thank you for reporting this error to the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

PNC bank is included in the known issue with multiple financial institutions returning a CC-505/105 error.

Please do not attempt to deactivate/reactivate the connection, instead, I would recommend allowing 24 - 48 hrs and then attempting to update the accounts again.

I hope this information is helpful, thank you.

Sarah
  • jmw2
    jmw2 Member
    Hi Sarah

Thanks for the response, I'll wait a couple days before trying again. Just curious am I waiting for a change on the bank side or is there an expected change with the Quicken connection or software?

thanks again,

J
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hi J (@jmw2)

Many Financial Institutions are experiencing a higher volume of traffic than normal due to the millions of stimulus payment direct deposit transactions being processed currently.

This is indirectly affecting connections from third party systems, like Quicken, but should self-resolve once the traffic levels have decreased.

Hope this helps, thanks again!

Sarah

• mik1mik
    mik1mik Member ✭✭
    Patelco Credit Union is not shown on your list , the error is cc501or cc898. Is this part of the noted problem or is it some other problem?
  • jmw2
    jmw2 Member
    thanks again Sarah - be well and be safe,
  • Quicken Sarah
    mik1mik said:
    Patelco Credit Union is not shown on your list , the error is cc501or cc898. Is this part of the noted problem or is it some other problem?
    Hello @mik1mik

Thank you for reaching out!  It appears that yes, Patelco Credit Union is also included in this known issue.

Hope this helps,

Sarah
  • sjk1
    sjk1 Member
    The problem with PNC has been going on for several days and it's the only one of several financial institutions i had been downloading without any trouble - the others are fine. what else could it be? i keep getting an error message that we can't connect to the financial institution...
  • Phillip Malawey
    Phillip Malawey Member ✭✭
    I have also been experiencing the "During the last online session, Quicken encountered an online error [CC-505].
    What does that mean? Quicken is unable to update your account. This may be due to a temporary server issue or a communication error. " for many days. It is frustrating and doesn't seem to matter what time of day.
  • Phillip Malawey
    Phillip Malawey Member ✭✭
    This is for my PNC accounts, to clarify.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is for my PNC accounts, to clarify.
    If your errors still persist and if you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can be found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• JohnWells
    JohnWells Member ✭✭✭
    I have been unable to sync with my PNC accounts since last Tuesday 04/14/2020. I just got off phone with PNC support and they said their Quicken support team does not work weekends . . . call back Monday AM.
  • dkump
    dkump Member ✭✭✭
    If I do a One Step Update, I get the CC-505 errors. If I go to the account and run an update there (i.e. Actions icon in upper right, Update Now menu), it downloads just fine. You may want to give that a try. By the way, this has only been a problem for me with web connect and wallet accounts. Direct connect is fine.
  • Michael Preston
    Michael Preston Member ✭✭
    I've been getting a variety of error messages. Today it is CC-555 with only PNC accounts, I use WebConnect and get the same error whether using 'update' on the account page or 'update now' on the Home screen. I'm able to log in correctly to PNC on their webpage so the credentials are not the issue. Early last week this affected most accounts at several banks, but by last Friday they had all resolved except for PNC.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For whatever reason PNC is blocking access from third-parties. Last week both BoA and PNC credit cards were blocked for me. Sometime late last week the BoA CC regained communications with Quicken, leaving only PNC.
    Last night I was able to update PNC CC. Again this morning the blocked access has returned.
    As long as PNC continues to block access there is little more we can do but wait.
  • mohrdj11
    mohrdj11 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue, unfortunately, I followed standard troubleshooting and disabled my online accounts and now I am being blocked from enabling them again. Is there any contact being made between Quicken and PNC?
  • R. Peter Wolf
    R. Peter Wolf Member ✭✭
    I, too, deactivated my PNC accounts. When I attempt to reactivate one-step update, I get a message that my bank is denying access. Is anything being done to resolve this issue?
  • dkump
    dkump Member ✭✭✭
    I wanted to clarify my limited success After I do a One Step Update, I get the CC-505 errors. I next go to the specific account and run an update there (i.e. Actions icon in upper right, Update Now menu). This will fail. It seems like it just displays the previous error and never even tries to download. I then immediately do anther Update Now and this time I get a pop up window to download the transactions. I say Update Now on the pop up window and then it downloads my transactions.
  • Jill@
    Jill@ Member ✭✭
    I spoke with PNC Bank on 4/29/20. This was customer service rep in charge of Quicken service with PNC Bank. They said that the Quicken service is down with no expected return date. So the problem is not you or the Quicken program. It basically makes my Quicken useless. The "no expected return date" is a problem. I may need to switch over full time (change my employer's direct deposit) to credit union accounts I also have. They still work. ( Police and Fire Federal Credit Union)
  • Old Guy
    Old Guy Member ✭✭✭
    Same PNC problem.. PNC is the issue? Problem with volume? Any updates..
  • Old Guy
    Old Guy Member ✭✭✭
    Still no solution?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old Guy said:
    Still no solution?
    There have been multiple posts about PNC, you need to deactivate then activate the account. This issue was resolved last week.
  • dkump
    dkump Member ✭✭✭
    This was fixed a few weeks ago for me. I never needed to reactivate. When it was a problem, I would go to the account and run an update there (i.e. Actions icon in upper right, Update Now menu). That worked several times but then the One Step Update started working again. By the way, I had errors on other accounts this past weekend (May 2-3) and after 2-3 days, they went away as well. I'm always skeptical to reactivate because I'm afraid it won't work. I report the issue and patiently wait and they eventually fix it without needing to reactivate.
This discussion has been closed.