moving register columns (Q Win)

Options
jtoussieng
jtoussieng Member ✭✭
Can the register column order be moved around? Not sorting each column but instead changing the default order of the columns. ie: date - check number - payee - memo - category.... change switch memo and category

Best Answer

Answers

• jtoussieng
    jtoussieng Member ✭✭
    Options
    Chris - I assume you are saying columns can't be moved around
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well you can have some registers have either a 1 line or 2 line display.  Then you get the 2 choices listed above.  Columns are fields.  Switching memo and category is one of the choices.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jtoussieng
    jtoussieng Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not clear at all. I'm not asking about how many lines I can have. I just want to know if I can move columns around and if so how. Looks like I am not going to get an answer to my specific question: switching memo and Category. The two items with check marks above have nothing to do with these two columns and if they are the only two columns that can be moved then the answer is NO.
  • jtoussieng
    jtoussieng Member ✭✭
    Options
    Oh wait!! I think I finally see it. I just unchecked the bottom box and they moved where I want them. I apologize for not seeing the answer the first time. Been setting up a new computer for the past 3 days with tons of moving photos, videos, documents, etc around and now trying to get my Quicken accounts done. Tons of entries. My eyes are going out.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It certainly does answer your question.  You can switch the memo and category columns.  It says exactly that.  You can have the memo before or after the category.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• marlanichols
    marlanichols Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have this same concern, can you tell me what box you unchecked
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @marlanichols See the Accepted Answer at the top of this page (right under the question)  (Edit -> Preferences -> Register)
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.