Ghost account value will not delete

Options
account closed 10 years ago now appears in net worth reports and account list with a market value. transaction detail shows all shares sold. Holdings view shoes 0 shares and current share value of $0. How do I get rid of market value?

Best Answer

• jasimler
    jasimler Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I do not want to hide the account. My issue was how could I have 0 shares of a stock valued at $0 per share show a market value of $300,000. Turns out my file was corrupted and I ran account validation to identify broken transactions (none of which were in the errant account). As soon as I cleaned up the file, the problem was resolved; just took 4 hours to fix. Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hello @jasimler,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To resolve this, please, follow the steps below--

1. Tools 
    2. Account List
    3. Click "Edit" next to the account in question
    4. Display Options
    5. Select the 1st checkbox titled "Keep this account separate..." 
    (see illustration below)

The other 2 checkboxes you can also check off if you wish to hide it completely without deleting it. 

Alternatively, you can also go to-- Tools > Manage Hidden Accounts... if you wish to do this with more than one account at the same time. You can also review this support article for this as it also provides a more elaborate explanation of the 3 checkbox options shown above.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jasimler
    jasimler Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I do not want to hide the account. My issue was how could I have 0 shares of a stock valued at $0 per share show a market value of $300,000. Turns out my file was corrupted and I ran account validation to identify broken transactions (none of which were in the errant account). As soon as I cleaned up the file, the problem was resolved; just took 4 hours to fix. Thanks for your help.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Oh okay, thank you for checking back!

I misread it and thought you wanted to exclude the account from your reports. My mistake, I misunderstood your question then. Sorry about that!

I'm glad to hear you got it resolved though.

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.