Lost link to Coastal FCU after last update

After the last update Quicken stopped updating my Coastal FCU accounts. I did all the usual stuff - I deleted the service, then reinstalled it. I reset the account, no change. I restored a backup copy, same problem. This is not an issue of Covid19 - the update runs but does not bring any transactions. No error messages or anything.
there are some translation issues too - when I tried to re-establish the links, Quicken brings all my checking transactions into a money market fund. I assure you I did the links properly, and I did it twice to make sure. Also if I try to cut/paste my password into the Download screen, it opens a box that says Void Current Transaction? This occurs even when there is not an unsaved transaction or anything.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HPoole said:
    ... Also if I try to cut/paste my password into the Download screen, it opens a box that says Void Current Transaction? This occurs even when there is not an unsaved transaction or anything.
    Look in Edit / Preferences / Setup and change Keyboard Mappings from Quicken Standard to Windows Standard, to make CTRL-V work as it does in Windows instead of performing Quicken commands.

In case of transaction download problems

Please provide more details.

What version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to determine year/version and release.  You must be on the latest release (patch) level for your supported Quicken version. If you're missing patches, update your software first.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    What error codes, error messages, symptoms do you get?
    What bank(s) are you having issues with?
    What account types (checking, savings, etc.) are you having issues with?
    Does this problem occur when you run One Step Update from your desktop or when you initiate a download using the Quicken Mobile App or Quicken on the Web?
    What have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

• HPoole
    HPoole Member
    1. Thanks for the tip about the Setup for Cut/Paste. I have no idea how this was changed, because it worked fine in the past.

2. Quicken Premier 2020, R26.15
    Windows 10 Pro update 1909 (updated in Dec)
    NO error codes or messages. Symptom - as described in my original question - Quicken doesn't appear to be linking to the correct accounts. And when it downloads transactions, it believes everything has downloaded properly although there are no new ones.
    Bank - Coastal FCU
    Accounts - Checking and MMF, that I can tell for now
    When occurs - one step update.
    What have I done - as I said in my original post - I have tried deleting then re-establishing the links; resetting the accounts; re-starting the PC; restoring a prior copy. None of these have worked.

Everything was OK until the last Quicken update. I would roll it back if I knew how.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

If that still doesn't do the trick and if you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can be found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• HPoole
    HPoole Member
    If you had read my reply you would see that I have rebooted, more than once in fact.
    I tried to validate, it locks up the entire computer. Have to use task manager to shut it off. then re-boot.
    Now there is a new problem - Quicken has now wiped out my password vault. When I try to update it asks for the password for every account I have.
    I restored an earlier version and now the vault is wiped clean.
    I am going to delete this wonderful program and try a re-install.