Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Issues updating Citi Credit Card accounts (updated title)

When I update, Quicken will update my Checking and Savings Accounts but not my CITI Credit Card Account. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Rick DeckardRick Deckard Member ✭✭
    Started happening yesterday. I am able to logon to my Citibank account.
  • Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @Rick Deckard

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue.  Generally this issue happens when you have no transactions within a 12 month period. I would say you likely do have some though since you've been using the account previously. 

If that's the case I would recommend to deactivate and reactivate the account to see if we're able to get the error to go away. You can find the articles on deactivating and reactivating here. 

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Thank you Francisco!

After several attempts I was successful in reactivating the account.

Thanks again
    @Rick Deckard

Awesome to hear! Let us know if anything else pops up!

Thanks,

-Quicken Francisco
    Now I am getting the CC-601 error everyday when attempting to update Citibank Visa credit card. I have done the deactivate and reactivate routine three times this week; yesterday afternoon was the last time. This morning the CC-601 error happened again. This is the only account out of 14 that fails to update with the CC-601 error. Every time this happens I go directly to this account and am able to logon without issue. Something appears to be broken on Quicken's side.
  • jdcqjdcq Member ✭✭
    I have also been encountering a CC-601 error on a Citibank credit card account for the past weeks. There have been transactions in the past 12 months. I can update the account manually with an exported QFX file.

I have two-factor authentication enabled.

Attempting to deactivate-reactivate fails. In one failure case, Quicken claiming the account is an Unknown Type. In the other failure case, I am able to select the account to link, but "Adding your accounts" fails with "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Citibank" -- Trying again hangs.

I do enable the account to allow apps prior to activation.
  • taffeystaffeys Member ✭✭
    I had to disable 2FA to get around the CC-601 error. 2FA used to work with Quicken but at some point it began to error-out. Citi is not the problem, they do whatever they feel is needed. So this is on Quicken. I have sent Quicken all the files and logs they requested. Please do the same, maybe they'll fix it.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @jerryfleming2648

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please include any error messages you have received as well.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • jlz0418jlz0418 Member ✭✭
    Ok so this past Friday Citibank started returning a CC-601 error during one-step update. Updating accounts individually returns the same error. This is happening across multiple accounts, checking, savings and credit card and across multiple files. Has anyone found a fix for this?
  • kilingiros .kilingiros . Member ✭✭
    Getting error cc-601 when attempting to download transactions from citibank. Tried resetting account, tried deactivating account........Now cannot connect to citibank. This started happening a couple of days ago.
  • tired techietired techie Member ✭✭
    me too. been going on for a few days. sadly, if history is any indicator of the future, we are unlikely to get any meaningful information from the moderators on this forum. someday the problem may go away.

- constantly frustrated with quicken support
  • Chet-NYC62Chet-NYC62 Member ✭✭
    Getting the same thing here--- strange thing is the connection is fine for an account with my wife's username and password, but not mine. Been going on for at least three days now.
  • jsw61jsw61 Member
    I am unable to download any Citibank transactions. This includes savings, checking, and credit card activity. The message when attempting to setup One Step Update from any Citibank account reads:
    "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)"
    No other error codes are displayed in the message and all other financial institutions are operating successfully.
  • hyemmhyemm Member ✭✭
    All Accounts have balances and activity. Any ideas?
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Chase was doing system maintenance over the weekend, presumably to fix some of the recent communications issues with Quicken (and they were Chase technical issues, not Quicken issues).  Apparently the changes they made have affected some users.  Things that others have said worked for them in getting their connection reestablished:
    1. Refresh Chase's Branding & Profile:  Tools > Online Center > Chase > Ctrl+click Contact Info > Chase > check Financial Institution Branding and Profile > Refresh
    2. Update Now:  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now.
    If the steps above do not resolve it:
    • Reset Account:  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account
    As a last resort, if the options listed above don't work, try to Deactivate / Reactivate:
    1. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.  Repeat for each Chase account you have in Quicken.
    2. Online Services tab (for any Chase account, it doesn't matter which one) > Set up Now.  (During this process it is important to Link the downloads to your Chase account(s) in Quicken.)
    For those of you who are getting CC-601 error code and it is not resolved by any of the steps listed above, you may want to contact Quicken Support:  https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-601.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R29.22 on Windows 10)
  • Chet-NYC62Chet-NYC62 Member ✭✭
    The problem here is with Citibank accounts, not Chase. It also isn't universal. My wife's username and password is working fine for an account in her name, but my user name and password is not working.
  • rwgozolarwgozola Member ✭✭
    yes getting same error
  • rwgozolarwgozola Member ✭✭
    i reported problem and sent files/logs too
    No problem here accessing my Citi account this morning.
  • hyemmhyemm Member ✭✭
    someone disabled TFA. Is that in Quicken (and if so, where?) or on the Citibank site?
  • slkaplan slkaplan Member ✭✭
    CC-601 since 6/20/20 (3 days). Deactivated account(s) and unable to re-activate.
    Was told by Quicken support it is an issue with Citi servers rejecting credentials ..Hmmm
  • kilingiros .kilingiros . Member ✭✭
    For those of you having issues with CITI connection, are you a Citi Priority level? Maybe the reason some are not having issues has to do with the citi account level? Citi Preferred vs Citi Priority ?
    I'm Citi Priority and having issues.
    > @hyemm said:
    > someone disabled TFA. Is that in Quicken (and if so, where?) or on the Citibank site?

Duh. That was me on this thread. Does no one read?
    Hello everyone,

We're currently having issues with Citibank and are looking to collect logs so we can get the issue further escalated. Please contact Quicken Support via chat or phone so that we're able to guide you through collecting and uploading logs. 

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco
  • hyemmhyemm Member ✭✭
    I am with Citi Private Bank. Could that be the problem?
  • hyemmhyemm Member ✭✭
    Taffey, where is the TFA?
    > @hyemm said:
    > Taffey, where is the TFA?

Citi
    > @jsw61 said:
    > I am unable to download any Citibank transactions. This includes savings, checking, and credit card activity. The message when attempting to setup One Step Update from any Citibank account reads:
    > "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)"
    > No other error codes are displayed in the message and all other financial institutions are operating successfully.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877238/new-6-23-20-citi-cards-returns-a-cc-501-101-or-an-its-not-your-fault-error
This discussion has been closed.