Save Unchecked Hidden Securities

Is there a method to have Quicken save the setting to NOT show hidden securities? The box to show hidden securities resets to checked every time I close the file.

Additionally, when looking at individual securities, I like to view the past twelve months. Quicken defaults to Week view. Is there a way to have Quicken retain my preference of twelve month view?

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @nmiller314,

Thank you for sharing this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The Community may need a bit more information to be able to further assist. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• nmiller314
    nmiller314 Member
    I am using Quicken 2020 vR26.15. I'm operating in a Windows 10 environment.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Hello @nmiller314,

Thank you for providing additional information.

When attempting to replicate both of the behaviors that you've shared here, it seems that Quicken consistently saves my preferences in both of these areas, regardless of what I have them set to.

It maintains the setting even after closing the program, toggling between files, etc. 

Has either of these settings ever worked properly for you, or is this a newly occurring issue?

I suggest taking a look at the information and following the steps outlined here to get a fresh install of Quicken and check your file for any potential data integrity issues.

Please post back and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie

• nmiller314
    nmiller314 Member
    It did work at one time, many months ago. I talked to a Quicken support rep who claimed that it never saved the settings and then hung up on me. I will check your link and possibly a new install or file integrity issue.
  • nmiller314
    nmiller314 Member
    I validated the file and that solved the problem. I did not need to reinstall the software.
This discussion has been closed.