Wells Fargo Web Connect

Options
Today (18 Apr 2020) I connected w/ Wells Fargo to update transactions in my checking account and credit card account. An update was downloaded for my credit card, but nothing for my checking account. I've had ongoing problems updating transactions with Wells Fargo so I signed in online and downloaded an activity file (.qfx) from my checking account. Lo and behold the .qfx file has two checking account transactions in it. Wells Fargo Web Connect for updating for any account is an ongoing problem for me. It's hit or miss, some times it works and some times it doesn't. Are there any real, permanent, solutions available? Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Nemo

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I just have a couple of questions first. Are you running in windows or on mac? I also believe that you're also downloading transactions through quicken but didn't receive transactions then downloaded the qfx correct?  I don't believe any error messages pop up as well but there may be one?

We just need a bit more info before we're able to see what we can do. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• scscubs
    scscubs Member
    Options
    I've been trying to download both bank data and a brokerage account from Wells Fargo since Monday. "Wait one business day" isn't working, nothing will update. I just bought and downloaded Quicken Premier, it is on my Windows desktop.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @scscubs

Thanks for the reply. We could try something here. Do you know if you're using direct connect on all of the accounts? I know the brokerage accounts are because it's the only option they off but do you know about the other checking and credit card? Either way lets see if we can deactivate and reactivate the accounts

Here's the steps for deactivating the accounts and reactivating them afterwards. Try this and see if we're able to get some connectivity back into them. 

Let's try this and see if we're able to get back up and downloading. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks, 

-Quicken Francisco
  • scscubs
    scscubs Member
    Options
    I did all of that and it did not work, I'm in exactly the same place with exactly the same error message. CC-502 is the error message. I tried downloading April 17th (my last successful connection) to the 24th, and when I opened the first account it completely crashed Quicken, it disappeared and Bug Splat came up. Things are definitely NOT improving.
  • scscubs
    scscubs Member
    Options
    The download was an attempt through the Wells Fargo website to download a single account file so that I could try to sync it one at a time, and it crashed Quicken.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @scscubs

Thanks for trying to the steps. Due to the crashing being difficult to diagnose, I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly.  

-Quicken Francisco
  • scscubs
    scscubs Member
    Options
    I contacted them on Tuesday, they helped me for a couple of hours then said basically "screw it, wait at least 48 hours before trying to download again" so that is what I'm doing... I will try in the morning and see what happens.
  • scscubs
    scscubs Member
    Options
    It is now Friday, I tried, same error, CC-502. I'm getting nowhere...
  • Dana108
    Dana108 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have this problem with Wells Fargo. My Credit card and Savings accounts download but not Checking, I’m having to update that account manually. I’m using an iPad Mini 5 with the most recent mobile app because my MacBook Pro died and I can’t get it fixed due to stay-at-home orders.
This discussion has been closed.