Unable to edit a scheduled future bill/income item

I have a weekly payment/income item schedule, and Quicken Mac does not allow me to:
1. Edit a future transaction - it reverts to the next incomplete transaction
If you have an irregular income or payment stream, then you are in trouble
2. Skip a future transaction - It throws the message:
You are skipping one scheduled transaction 3 prior scheduled transactions in this series will also be skipped.

My workaround for this issue was to create an offset of all of the irregulary income/expense items, to compensate for the difference. This allows me to project my cash flow. When the real transaction comes in, I just drag the actual over the planned, and it forces the match, and I then would delete the offset transaction. This is the only way that I could get this to work, without deleting the entire scheduled transaction series.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hello @lp110118

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

May I ask that you go to Quicken > About Quicken and provide the year and release of currently that you are currently running?

I have a few questions to help me better understand what could be happening.

By the transaction "reverts to the next incomplete transaction" do you mean that when you change the amount, it reverts to the original amount and doesn't save the changes, or does it change to an unrelated amount? 

Also, are you marking scheduled transactions as paid or do they stay a light grey after they have been paid?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lp110118
    lp110118 Member ✭✭
    Here is a screen shot Tyka.

Sorry, I have not gotten back to you sooner.

Do you work for Quicken?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lp110118

Thank you for the response and for providing the version of Quicken you are running.

Yes, I am a moderator for the Community and a Quicken Employee.

If you haven't done so already, you may find it helpful to review the information on the Who's Who FAQ.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lp110118
    lp110118 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the update Tyka.

I am using this to do projected cash flows, and being able to change a future income or expense item, without having to do some tricky stuff is a pain.

I could not modify the future income one-off item, so I had to create an offsetting transaction to compensate for it.

I still really am enthusiastic about this product.

I have been using it since about 1986, when it they had an answering machine taking customer calls in Menlo Park.

Thanks for your support.
This discussion has been closed.