Are there plans to increase the number of Quicken Bill Manager payments per month?

I was chatting with a Quicken Support rep today, and he informed me that, as a Quicken Premier member, I get 12 Quick Pay, and 6 Check pay transactions per month.

I would like to have the option to be able to get more of these per month. I don't know what it does when you exceed them, maybe it gives you an error?

I would like to get more check pay transactions per month, as the old Quicken Bill pay service, I believe had 15. And since this is ending in August, it should have as many.
Tagged:

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken representatives have said they feel that since 12 + 6 = 18, they feel they are giving customers more than the 15 they previously had. Of course, since there are now two different payment types, that's definitely not true for some users.

When you reach the limit of each payment type, it will simply prevent you from submitting another payment until the following month. 

Can you set up 6 of your payments to use Check Pay and your others to use Quick Pay? Or are none of your monthly payees vendors that can be paid via Quick Pay?

There is currently no way to change the allocation between Quick Pay and Check Pay, nor is there any way to get more payments, even for a fee. Whether Quicken will add such capability in the future isn't know. They have said no, at least initially, but will consider changes if users tell them they need more. 

If anything has changed in Quicken's plans since the program was rolled out initially, hopefully one of the Quicken moderators will post here.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • KingGrunt
    KingGrunt Member ✭✭
    If Quicken can't do any better than 12/3 (or 12/6) before Quicken Billpay goes bye-bye, it'll will be a show stopper for me. If I have to start writing checks by hand or go to individual account websites and giving them my banking information to pay the "excessive" number of bills, a subscription-based version of Quicken becomes a total waste of money.
  • lp110118
    lp110118 Member ✭✭
    I realized that since I am a Quicken Bill Pay subscriber, I have 15 Quick Pay, and 15 check transactions with the new Quicken Bill Manager service, until QBP goes end of life in August.

If they could combine them to be 18 whatever transactions per month, that would be great.
  • jacobs
    KingGrunt said:
    If Quicken can't do any better than 12/3 (or 12/6) before Quicken Billpay goes bye-bye, it'll will be a show stopper for me. If I have to start writing checks by hand or go to individual account websites and giving them my banking information to pay the "excessive" number of bills, a subscription-based version of Quicken becomes a total waste of money.
    Just wondering: how many bills have you been paying with the old Quicken Bill Pay? Is your problem with the total number, of that most of your payees aren't available via Quick Pay?
  • jacobs
    lp110118 said:
    If they could combine them to be 18 whatever transactions per month, that would be great.
    The issue is that they want people to mainly use Quick Pay, since there is no (or minimal) cost to them for each electronic transaction. But every Check Pay transaction costs them a processing fee with their service provider plus the cost of printing a check, an envelope, and postage, so giving people 18 Check Pay transactions would cost them a lot more than they way they've rolled it out now.

But of course the problem is that while 12 + 6 may match (or exceed) what their statistics across their customer base for the old system averaged, that doesn't fit well for every user. And because they made no provision for customers who needed and were willing to pay more for additional transactions, they rolled out a solution that works well for average users, but not for heavy users. 
  • Richard@
    Richard@ Member ✭✭✭
    The problem for many users is that, in most instances, many monthly bills are not able to be linked as an e-bill which means check pay must be used - or am I missing something? Quicken should increase the number of check pays allowed each month.
  • KingGrunt
    KingGrunt Member ✭✭
    > @jacobs said:
    > (Quote)
    > Just wondering: how many bills have you been paying with the old Quicken Bill Pay? Is your problem with the total number, of that most of your payees aren't available via Quick Pay?

My problem is with the limitation on the number of payments you can make per month. I ran into no such ceiling with Quicken Pill Pay, averaging probably 25-30 payments a month, occasionally more. They'd simply charge me a few extra bucks when I exceeded some magic number of payments. I don't remember the number of payments nor the exact amount extra, but it was reasonable and a regular event.
  • bkent1
    bkent1 Member
    I agree this is a ridiculous problem if they want us to use the service. If there is a cost to do more than 6 check pay, then add a charge but don't make us have to do our own checks when over 6 a month. Quicken-what is your answer and solution.
This discussion has been closed.