Home Quicken for Windows All Things Canadian (Windows)

Customer Invoices now Showing up Under Property & Debt in Business Section

Not sure if this happened because of the latest update but my Customer Invoices register (which had a balance) moved under Property & Debt in the Business section. The problem is that when I go to receive a payment it says i first need to create an invoice so it is no longer recognizing Customer Invoices properly. I can manually enter receipts but I would rather avoid having to create a new Customer Invoices register. Any suggestions?

Best Answers

Answers

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @XLS Wizzard,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that under Help>About Quicken

If you have not already, please see the information and follow the steps available here.

If the issue persists, you may consider restoring a backup from before the behavior began to occur.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie

• XLS WizzardXLS Wizzard Member ✭✭
    Hi, I'm using the latest version - R25.22 - Build 27.1.25.22. I did the validation but it didn't work.

At this point I'm going to try and avoid restoring from a back-up. Once the balance clears out i may just create another Receivables account
  • DrginDrgin Member
    The same thing occurred to me. This is really frustrating because I had several invoices connected to my business and they don't seem to be anymore. This is a glitch that has just occurred in the past couple of weeks and Quicken needs to fix it. I don't want to create a new invoices account and re-do all the previous transactions. I am using the same version : R25.22 - Build 27.1.25.22. :#
  • DrginDrgin Member
    I also just tried creating a new invoices account. Once it was created, it was automatically placed under property and debt. It's not what I want. I want it under the business. I still can't create a new invoice. Quicken keeps telling me I have to create an invoices account.
  • XLS WizzardXLS Wizzard Member ✭✭
    Drgin - Sorry to hear you have the same issue although I am somewhat comforted knowing I'm not the only person!

For me I just want to be able to keep my current "Customer Invoices" account without recreating one as I export to Excel and run my reporting off of that. I don't have a lot of transactions that go through the account so I may just use the register with the hope that a fix comes.
  • Matt EliasMatt Elias Member ✭✭
    I just noticed that my AR doesn't work like it used to. First, my GST & PST tax accounts are no longer listed in the Business section but are now in the Property/Debt section. Second, if I click the check mark by a transaction entry's category field, to see the details of an invoice in my AR account, it opens the transaction split window instead of the invoice. Third, the tool bar "HOME SPENDING BILLS&INCOME PLANNING INVESTING PROPERTY&DEBT BUSINESS MOBILE&WEB" no longer shows above the transaction list in my AR account. It all seemed fine when I last created an invoice Apr 4, but all my backups back to the 4th show this problem. Have I changed a setting somewhere?
  • wtheurerwtheurer Member
    Whenever I create an Account Receivable account and I finish the setup wizard, the account shows up under the "Property and Debt" as a house. I have deleted and recreated the account several times and the same thing happens over and over. Help please?
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What edition level of Quicken are you using? Starter, Deluxe, Premier or Home, Business & Rental?
    If you are using HB&R, you should have a proper "Accounts Receivable" - type selection.
    Lower edition levels need to select "Other Asset". It won't show as a business - type account because lower edition level do not have business functionality enabled.

• wtheurerwtheurer Member
    Yep. I am using HBR. I can create the account just fine using your image above, but the minute I sync it to the cloud is when it switches to a home asking for a zillow estimate.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only guess, but maybe Sync to mobile is confused ...
    With the new account showing in the Business section of the Account Bar, reset Sync so that a complete new Sync file is uploaded to the server, replacing the current file.

Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

• gnewtziegnewtzie Member
    Every time i go to edit an existing transaction with the form editor... like to receive payment from a downloaded transaction, the split payment dialog comes up instead. this happens in both the category and tag columns or the edit transaction selection in the drop down menu
  • gnewtziegnewtzie Member
    Actually now edit transaction brings up the find and replace dialog...
  • mmilianmmilian Member ✭✭
    My Customer Invoices register (which had a balance) moved under Property & Debt in the Business section. The problem is that when I go to receive a payment it says i first need to create an invoice so it is no longer recognizing Customer Invoices properly. I am currently on Version R26.15 Build 27.1.26.15. Please advise
  • deecoysdeecoys Member
    Same issue, new update and invoices are moving to property and debt. Redid all invoices, deleted redundant deposits because of redoing and wake up this morning and it’s been moved to property and debt again. With no access to invoices as it’s asking to add a invoice account.
  • deecoysdeecoys Member
    Same here, did you get a fix for this issue
  • mmilianmmilian Member ✭✭
    Not yet. I suspect this needs to be corrected via an update. I even tried creating a new invoice account (to test) and once created, it immediately flips to an Asset account. Very frustrating.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited April 27
    Hello @mmilian

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have sent you a direct message requesting some more information to investigate this issue further.

Please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • SGordonSGordon Member
    I've got the same problem too. Also noticed my Customer Invoices moved on the account page from Invoices, which is still there, to Property & Debt
  • robynnmorrisonrobynnmorrison Member ✭✭
    In one of my files (I have several clients), the default customer invoice account (which was fine an hour ago) is now an asset account. The vendor invoice account has become a liability account. No way I can see to change them back.
  • OferHoOferHo Member
    Same issue for me. When I restore from a backup, it does the same thing. Quicken tells me I need to create an Invoice account.
  • slsroachslsroach Member
    I cannot figure out how to create an invoice in Quicken HOme, Business. I have followed the directions under HELP, but every time I ask to create an invoice, Quicken tells me I need an accounts receivable account. I have created one (over and over and over and over...) and it still won't allow me to create an invoice. I used to be able to create invoices from within the account, but that can't be done anymore apparently. How am I supposed to create an invoice and have it recognize that I have an account for that invoice to be part of?
  • Chris29Chris29 Member ✭✭✭
    I was reviewing some transactions tonight, and was horrified to discover that my Accounts Payable account is no longer an Accounts Payable account, it's a regular liability account.

I tried adding a new AP account, and it defaults to syncing to the cloud, and as soon as it did, it became a regular liability account also!

I added another new AP account, and did not allow it to sync to the cloud and it remained an AP account, which allows you to use forms to enter bills and payments, select invoices to pay etc.

So, I now have about 100 transactions that need to be re-entered into the new/correct AP account to get back the level of detail I used to have.

QUICKEN - if you're going to break an account by syncing to the cloud, DON'T ALLOW SYNCING TO THE CLOUD.

Anyone know any good way to convert the account type from liability to customer invoice, which seems to be what's different between these 2 accounts?

I tried moving a transaction from the old/now wrong account to the new one, but it changes a bill to a payment!

The Move Transaction doesn't list the new AP account in the drop down option list, so that won't work.

Super frustrating!
  • okvacellookvacello Member
    Experiencing this same issue as of this morning (4/25/2020).
  • okvacellookvacello Member
    edited April 25
    (Removed-Disruptive/Argumentative) 
  • Chris29Chris29 Member ✭✭✭
    > @okvacello said:
    > Experiencing this same issue as of this morning (4/25/2020).

that sucks. I ended up having to recreate the Accounts Payable account, then cut/paste each transaction from the broken account into the new one.

It mostly worked fine, but I had to select a transaction type for each pasted item (Invoice, Payment, Credit).

It did recognize the invoices and apply the payments correctly to each one, but took a couple of hours.

Hugely frustrated that this stupid program issue wasted my time in this way.
    Hello @slsroach

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

May I ask that you navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running?

Also, if you look to the sidebar on the left in Quicken, what section is the accounts receiveable listed?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • CheriespeCheriespe Member
    My invoice accounts are now showing up as Property and Debt accounts. This doesn't allow me to change or edit the account back to what is supposed to be. I have months of invoicing in this/ and years before. I switched to the updated Quicken earlier this month. First use no issues, but it updated and backed up the system today when I went in and now I can't get things to work at all. HELP! This needs to be fixed soon.
    edited April 27
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

This issue has been reported and is currently being researched and investigated.

Please start by restoring a back up from prior to the issue occurring, for steps on restoring a backup, please see the information available HERE.

Once the backup has been restored, please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web and turn the sync toggle off.

Once this is off, please try to update and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • VLeahTVLeahT Member
    Glad to know I am not the only one having the same issue. I did toggle off sync from a backup, but I am still having the same problem with Invoices showing up in Property. Hope this gets fixed soon!
    Hello @VLeahT

Thank you for giving those steps a try, although I apologize that the trouble persists.

Please restore the back up once more.

In the restored file, please navigate to the Mobile and Web tab, and choose the Gear located in the box icon "Accounts Enabled on Mobile & Web" and choose "Account Settings"

Then uncheck the invoice accounts so they are not selected to sync and then choose update accounts.

Please let me know if this fixes the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
This discussion has been closed.