Incorrect market market value on 401k

Options
I recently purchased Quicken 2020 for MAC subscription. I updated my 401k online and it worked great, all the transactions downloaded properly. The cost basis is approximately correct but I couldn't find any ways to modify it. That is not my main issue. The main problem I have is that the market value is calculating incorrectly. Quicken takes the number of shares as the market value price! How can I change this? Where can I modify both the cost basis price and the market value price? This feels like a bug in the system but any input is appreciated.
I am enclosing a screenshot below.

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like you have a current price of $1 per share.  I don't know Mac but you should be able to edit the price history and put in the closing price for the date you want.  It should be downloading the price too.  Do you have the fund or stock symbol entered?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• bila
    bila Member
    Options
    You're right it is set at $1 a share. I thought that since the transactions were downloaded correctly, the correct current market price would get downloaded. After a little bit of digging, I found the securities table where I needed to enter the fund/stock symbol. Once I did this, Quicken downloaded to price history. It makes sense now.
    Just in case anyone needs it, you can find the securities table by clicking on "windows" tab.
    Thank you Volvogirl, you were right on!
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad you found it!

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.