cc-601 Errors

PNC has been updating fine, since the debacle last week. But today after one step update, I get a cc-601 for my PNC accounts. I spent 2 hours on chat doing everything imaginable to fix this. They weren't able to fix it and said call Monday.
Chat insisted that it's because the account has been inactive for more than 12 months. I explained that I make deposits and write checks daily, so what the cc-601 is saying is not right.
What other possibilities can cause a cc-601 error?
Any way to fix it without contacting support?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Hello @Spotteddog,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Based on this CC-601 error-specific support article it does instruct you to contact Quicken Support to have it resolved. However, I do suggest you deactivate and reactivate the account first before you resort to contacting Quicken Support as performing the deactivate/reactivate steps will be the first thing Quicken Support will instruct you to do anyway.

Please, review this support article and open the blue dropdown section titled "Deactivate a Quicken for Windows account" for step by step instructions on how to deactivate your account. Then, please, review this support article and follow the step by step instructions under the section titled "To Reactivate Accounts in Quicken for Windows" to reactivate your account (don't worry, doing this will not cause you to lose any data).

I hope this helps and if it does end up failing, then feel free to let us know and we can go from there!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Anja,
    Deactivating and reactivating have been done several times. Reactivate works fine, but then, when I try to do a one step update, I still get the cc-601 erro.  
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Anja,
    I sent support chat both my logs today. Can't they be forwarded to support rather than starting from scratch on Monday?
    Also, chat had me create a test file and trying to update again. That gave the cc-601 error too.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2020
    Chat support and phone support follow the same protocol. So, if they collected them then according to protocol they should have already escalated your ticket. 

Were you provided with a ticket number by chance? I'd like to take a look at the ticket they created for it and confirm whether or not they followed protocol to have it escalated.

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    T1IN-7591652 is all I have.

• Quicken Anja
    That's it! I will take a look at it right now and get back to you.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.