Price History Updates - used to track airline miles

Dave Davis
Dave Davis Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Investing (Windows)
I saw a Quicken tip several years ago about using an investment account for keeping track of airline miles and I've been doing it since. Making the transactions are a problem but the security price history is. I base the share price I use in the transaction window on how much a mile (share was worth when I use them to buy a ticket. I would expect the price history to reflect that purchase price when I add new shares, but there is no rhyme or reason that I can figure about what Quicken puts there. It is not the price that I type in the field.

Anyone have a clue why it changes?

Answers

• Dave Davis
    Dave Davis Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply, but I know what the Price History does and how it works. There is no price update download as they are made up securities. And as for creating an entry when I make a buy / sell, that's when the problem happens. I specifically tell Quicken in the "Buy - Shares Bought" window that the (made up) security is worth $.007, for example, but when I hit Enter, the price history shows something completely different. Why doesn't it show $.007 in this example? I have been doing this for years and it only started happening in the last few months.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dave Davis

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance and haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps available here.

Please let us know how it goes!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ticker symbol did you assign to your air miles "security"?
    Or did you leave that blank?
  • Dave Davis
    Dave Davis Member ✭✭
    I left it blank.