Edited Category Rollover Doesn't Sync

Is this a known issue?  Maybe something I'm overlooking?

With COVID-19 and all, for the month of April, one of my budget category rollovers was positive by a lot (Fuel, etc.)...

And one of my budget category rollovers was negative by a lot (Eating In)...

Since Quicken doesn't yet have a smooth, systematic, build in way of transferring funds between budget categories (click here) like _ _ _ _ (a competitor), I wanted to "Edit" these amounts.

So, I increased the Eating In rollover to $0 and correspondingly decreased the rollover for Fuel, etc.  The weirdness is that when the rollover was edited to $0, it wouldn't sync with the mobile app.  When it was changed to an actual amount ($1, etc.), it synced just fine.  I was able to consistently replicate this so it appears that it just doesn't like syncing $0.

I still hold out hope that Quicken will one day improve this functionality.  They could learn something from _ _ _ _.  I'm rooting for Quicken.

Chris
Quicken user since 2014.
Using Quicken Windows Subscription on Windows 10.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Chris Harris

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

When attempting to sync to the mobile app, do you get any type of error message? If no error message, in what way does the amount not sync, do you not see this category on the mobile?

Also, please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the current year and release.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Chris Harris
    Chris Harris Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Tyka,

There was no error message that I noticed.  Steps I followed:
    1. For my Eating In category, I edited the "Rollover" field on Quicken Desktop from -$179.36 (second screenshot) to $0 (third screenshot).
    2. I ran "Sync with Cloud".  I also did a full "One Step Update" at one point.
    3. Opened and refreshed the mobile app.
    4. The mobile app showed a rollover of -$179.36.
    5. Re-did Steps #1-#3, but used -$1 instead of $0.
    6. The mobile app showed a rollover of -$1.
    I did this multiple times with different amounts.  $0 never synced.  Other values did.

My Quicken Install
    • Year: 2020
    • Version: R25.21
    • Build: 27.1.25.21

Chris
    Quicken user since 2014.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well it certainly has been "discussed" here in this forum:
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • chris.olson
    chris.olson Member ✭✭
    @"Chris Harris" Just wanted to confirm this behavior since a moderator in on this thread. I've seen the same thing as mentioned by @Chris_QPW. In the thread referenced I didn't go into detail but what you are seeing is exactly the same behavior I had. There is some bug with syncing the rollover when the manually adjusted amount is set to 0. All other rollover budgets that are manually adjusted to be anything other than 0 seem to be ok.

The one exception to that rule that I found with mine was a budget that was set to $150, I manually adjusted the rollover budget to rollover -$150 so that I had a budget of 0 left for the month and this one did not rollover correctly either. When I click the details of the budget on the mobile app it does show correctly as rolling over a -150 from last month, a budget of 150 for this month but then for the "available" budget it shows 150 available rather than 0 for some reason.

Everything I've discussed is the behavior I see on the latest version of the iOS app. The "on the web" app is a totally different story. The rollover budgets there are totally messed up for all categories. I can't seem to figure out a pattern of what it is doing.
  • Chris Harris
    Chris Harris Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @chris.olson for adding your experience.

Chris
    Quicken user since 2014.
  • Chris Harris
    Chris Harris Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka

Thank you for responding.  I've gone to Help > Report a Problem and did as you asked.

I want to give a special, public thank you to Quicken as a whole.  Your product and service has improved greatly since the last, dark days of Intuit's reign.  I have seen lots of positive forward momentum on improving your product since the transition and it's really appreciated!  Keep up the good work!

Chris
    Quicken user since 2014.
This discussion has been closed.