How come Quicken 2017 can download transactions, but Quicken 2020 can't? Error msg blames Covid-19

Options
kjpete
kjpete Member
The error message says that banks for experiencing a high volume of online activity due to Covid relief payments. Just upgraded to Quicken 2020. Now can't update transactions from any financial institution, but an hour ago they all worked fine with Quicken 2017. Doesn't seem plausible that they've all become overwhelmed in the past hour.

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I think it's just a matter of luck of the draw. Connections have been on and off and I think you just happened to hit "on" with 2017 and "off" with 2020 at those moments. Both apps use the same background connection processes.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • kjpete
    kjpete Member
    Options
    I appreciate your response. However I'm skeptical. I've been downloading transactions successfully with Quicken 2017 over the last several weeks, and have never gotten this error message [about Covid-19]. Now I install Quicken 2020 and get this error each time. Seems like some of the financial institutions I'm trying to download from would update successfully. They wouldn't all be overloaded.
    I'm wondering if I have to deactivate and reactivate my accounts, or something. Just seems like the problem I'm having isn't the one in this particular error message.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I suppose it's possible. I haven't had any big problems downloading. But probably different banks. Might be good to contact Quicken Support.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I upgraded from 2017 to 2020 on 4/21. Downloads from 3 credit cards and 3 investment accounts did not occur. I had to deactivate and reactivate all accounts and now they work. BEWARE - What a pain on the investment accounts. They downloaded transactions from 10/2018 which did not match existing transactions. I had to delete them all manually on the download pane. There may have been a better way to handle it, but that is what I did and all works.
This discussion has been closed.