recategorizing multiple transactions in mac

Hello, I am trying to recategorize multiple transactions. In QW I was able to select multiple transactions and recategorize them all at once in a group. I can't figure out how to do that in QM?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you! How do I select multiple transactions? My normal methods don't seem to work?
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    When in the register, selecting transactions works the same way as selecting anything else in MacOS. Here is from the MacOS help:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/select-items-mchlp1378/mac
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you John, that is the method I was trying to use and it just kept jumping me out of the transaction when I used the command key. I will reread those directions and try again.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Don't be editing transactions when you select them. (Hit return to save the current transaction.)

The click on the transactions either via shift (to select start/end) or command (to select individual transactions) to select them.

It works the same way as selecting files in the Finder or within Windows Explorer. 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Click on one transaction. Command-click on the next you want. Continue Command-clicking to get all the ones you want. 

If you do a Search to find everything in a category and then want to select a group of transactions all in a row, click on the first transaction, then find the last one and Shift-click on the last one.

These are standard Mac methods for selecting either separate items or contiguous ones. 

As for the Quicken changes, I just wanted to call out something John mentioned parenthetically: editing the Transaction Info screen does not affect transactions using the category in splits. Depending on what you're editing, this may not be a problem or may be a fatal flaw. Hopefully, the developers will someday fix this limitation. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you both, it works perfectly. I was familiar with the command and click shift methods, but I guess I was trying to apply them while in editing mode, thank you for catching that!
This discussion has been closed.