is there a fix for the "maximize minimize square button next to the minimize bar?

jerrysaun
jerrysaun Member
if I close quicken when fully maximized, then reopen quicken later, the square box does not work.

if quicken is closed when quicken is not maximized fully, then when reopened it opens in the closed state partial minimize and then the square button works properly.

Best Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jerry,
    Thank you for posting about your concern. 
    There has been another customer who reported a similar difficulty. (I personally wrote up the bug report to document this unexpected behavior; it has previously been reported to the product development team.)
    This unexpected behavior is coded within the pop-up box itself. Quicken uses Microsoft for its sizes. The code that controls the 'square box' is within the MS code for Windows. I'm sorry, but Quicken does not have fix for unexpected MS Windows behaviors. 
    The alternate pathway you described does provide a viable path forward.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020 Answer ✓
    I consider this a Quicken bug, not a Microsoft issue at all.
    Quicken is storing both the window state (Normal or Maximized) as well as the window dimensions in QUSER.INI each time the window changes size or state.
    There is no need to store dimensions when the window is maximized. Quicken should not overwrite the saved dimensions at the time the window is maximized. If Quicken left the dimensions alone in QUSER.INI at maximize time, then Restore would work in the subsequent session.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Jerry,
    Thank you for posting about your concern. 
    There has been another customer who reported a similar difficulty. (I personally wrote up the bug report to document this unexpected behavior; it has previously been reported to the product development team.)
    This unexpected behavior is coded within the pop-up box itself. Quicken uses Microsoft for its sizes. The code that controls the 'square box' is within the MS code for Windows. I'm sorry, but Quicken does not have fix for unexpected MS Windows behaviors. 
    The alternate pathway you described does provide a viable path forward.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020 Answer ✓
    I consider this a Quicken bug, not a Microsoft issue at all.
    Quicken is storing both the window state (Normal or Maximized) as well as the window dimensions in QUSER.INI each time the window changes size or state.
    There is no need to store dimensions when the window is maximized. Quicken should not overwrite the saved dimensions at the time the window is maximized. If Quicken left the dimensions alone in QUSER.INI at maximize time, then Restore would work in the subsequent session.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jerrysaun
    jerrysaun Member
    I think it is A Quicken bug since my quicken did not have this problem before a couple of updates to quicken.

Yes if I resize the window manually each time I open quicken, the button works again. I shouldn't have to resize manually each time Though.

Thanks for looking into this for me, I really do appreciate it.

Jerry
  • RCMitch
    RCMitch Member
    I agree this issue started 3 or 4 updates ago and is the only program effected. Not sure why the QUSER.INI is being overwritten every time the program is opened. This action is a Quicken error, not a Microsoft Windows 10 error
This discussion has been closed.