cost basis is wrong

Options
quicken is calculating the cost basis on one lot (1) of stock by applying the purchase price from a completelydifferent lot (2)
it calculates correctly until "31-dec" of the year sibsequent to the purchase of lot 1
i have already tried validate, repair, rebuild lots registers and ctrl-z recalculation
this os infuriatingly frustrating!
rgrds, pson

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @pson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

First, please take a moment to navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release you are running?

May I also ask that you capture a screenshot of the issue that you are seeing? To capture a screenshot, I would recommend using the Snipping Tool.

Once you have the screenshot, please drag the image into the comment box to upload the image.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @pson, have you EVER sold any of this security?  If so, did you select the EXACT same lots, in Q, that your broker chose?
    Unless you instructed the broker differently, before the sale, they almost certainly chose FIFO.  Did you also choose FIFO?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP