Not recognizing the stock in the account

Options
I work with several different data files, when I update them some stocks are not recognized as a current holding, but only in some of the data files is this an issue. Example when a specific company pays a dividend ie OXY one data file will recognize it as Occidental and another does not from the same brokerage co. If it was only one stock wouldn't be that big of a deal but it is multiple stocks and it happens with all activity associated with certain stocks so I end up having to key in lots of data to keep thing in balance ....etc. What is the fix, I can not delete the stock and start over as I have years of history that I do not want to recreate. Anyone else dealing with this issue and have solutions? Appreciate any help and or how to prevent this from happening in the future.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Some examples of which stocks ?
    Have you checked your Security List in EACH of your data files
    to see how the stock is setup ....
    AND if the stock info is being downloaded -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• ATCE
    ATCE Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes stocks are all setup, and downloaded quotes come in fine, just the transactions (div buy sell ...etc) with some stocks, feels like the data base behind the scenes in the Data File has scrambled some of the stock symbols or names not sure, hoping there is a way to sync it back up. Will track the names of which stocks it is consistently happening with in data files it is occurring. I know it is not the stock name or symbol being the problem because the same stock comes across fine in another Data file. The problem is in the data file it self.
  • ATCE
    ATCE Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK if no other thoughts on why, can anyone give me suggestions to try to get these synced back up? A resorting/aligning of the Data Base holding this info? Who do i contact to assist with this? Thanks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @ATCE

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

If you are still needing assistance and haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps available here.

If the trouble persists after completing these steps, I would recommend contact support directly for further assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Please let us know how it goes!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~