Drag and drop to match doesn't work.

I've been using Quicken for years, but this has me stumped. I have several recent transactions (deposits downloaded from my bank) that didn't match automatically and "drag and drop" doesn't work, either.

Payee, category and amount match, but DnD no workee. Match Status is "Downloaded."

I've had no problems with these regular deposits in the past. In fact, they are monthly deposits that have been working fine for YEARS.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    What's the Match Status of the other transaction that you are tyring to match to the downloaded one?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Kino
    Kino Member ✭✭
    They are blank, because they're scheduled transactions. Normally after downloading from my bank, these scheduled transactions would be automatically matched to the newly downloaded ones.
  • RickO
    I'm at a loss to explain. I'm assuming you've quit and relaunched Quicken.

You could try to mark the scheduled transaction as paid, then try to match. You might also try to delete the entire scheduled transaction sequence and recreate it fresh then see if that will match. Maybe something got messed up with the internal match status of the scheduled transaction.
  • Kino
    Kino Member ✭✭
    Thanks - I did try relaunching Quicken before posting.

Marked the scheduled transaction as paid - no DnD.
    Deleted series and entered new transaction (with and without expected deposit amount) - no DnD.
    Scheduled that new transaction - still no DnD.
  • RickO
    I feel like we're missing something but I'm not sure what. Can you post a screenshot of the register that includes the two transactions, the column headers and at least the Status, Clr, Amount and Match Status columns?
  • Kino
    Kino Member ✭✭
    I'm sure we are missing something.

Not comfortable posting a screen shot, but here's what's shown.

Scheduled transactions:
    Status - Clock with “!” badge as it’s overdue
    Match Status - Blank
    Clear - Open box
    Amount - $dd.cc (same amount as its un-matched transaction)

Downloaded transactions:
    Status - Blue dot
    Match Status - Downloaded
    Clear - Open box
    Amount - $dd.cc (same amount as its un-matched transaction)

Payee and Category are identical, so Quicken is pulling that information from somewhere. If the transactions were pure downloads, I'm sure they wouldn't have those entries the same as the scheduled ones.
  • RickO
    Hmmm, I think the Clr should be a blue square checkmark for the downloaded transaction. Try clicking the Clr column to turn it into a blue square checkmark and then try DnD. (Although I'm not sure why that should matter.)
  • RickO
    I was able to create a test case which I think mimics yours. Here's what it looks like pre-match:

When I drag one on top of the other, I get this (as expected):

After clicking Match, I end up with this:

Looks to me like the same situation is working for me. Mine is in a credit card account. What type of account is yours in?

I'd suggest contacting Quicken Support and let them screen share. Maybe they can see something live that I'm not seeing.

• Kino
    Kino Member ✭✭
    My download Clr is an open box, just like in your first image. (I’ve never had to click the Clr box before matching transactions.)

When I DnD (when it works correctly) I get the Match…? popup like your second image.

After the match, the Clr box is still open and the Match Status changes like your last image, with (manually) or (auto), as appropriate.

I’ll pass this on to Support and see what they say.

Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.