Anticipated Rate of Return - college expense planning

Options
Is there a way to edit the 10% default rate of return assumption in the Lifetime Planning calculation for a college expense?

I am using Quicken Premier R26.17 Build 27.1.26.17 on a PC using Windows 10 Pro version 1903 OS build 18362.778

Best Answer

• AaronD
    AaronD Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I figured it out. The rate of return is in the basic assumptions for all planning, not in the college planning. They cannot be seperate, even if for example you would have a more conservative approach for college funds needed in the near term vs retirement funds needed much later.

Answers

• AaronD
    AaronD Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I figured it out. The rate of return is in the basic assumptions for all planning, not in the college planning. They cannot be seperate, even if for example you would have a more conservative approach for college funds needed in the near term vs retirement funds needed much later.
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The rate of return can be adjusted for "before" and "after" retirement time-frames.  But still, as you stated, it applies across all accounts included in your plan.

You can still adjust inflation rate specifically for college expenses apart from the general rate you set in "planning assumptions".   Perhaps an opportunity to tilt toward a conservative result.

edit:    If you like Lifetime Planner and want to see it improved, have a look at this thread and vote!   https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7713110/lifetime-planner-bug-and-idea-list-make-yourself-heard#latest   :)
This discussion has been closed.