Categorizing Education Tuition Expenses

Options
I don't see a tax category aligned to Form 8863 or the AOTC or Education or Tuition Tax credit (being verbose to help searches). Any suggestions on how to categorize expenses that should ultimately become tax credits on the tax planning summary?

Answers

• Jim McLaughlin
    Jim McLaughlin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I noticed that Form 2106 is listed, but expenses in this category don't seem to be reflected in the Tax Summary.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Jim McLaughlin,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

It seems that the Community may need a bit more information to be able to assist you further. Please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Jim McLaughlin
    Jim McLaughlin Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    BTW, I'm using the latest release of QW HB&R (R26.21, Build 27.1.26.21), but this has been an issue for a while.

Part of the issue is that there is no way to add tax line items to the list of Credits. I'd be interested in knowing how one does that.

Thanks.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Jim McLaughlin,

Thank you for providing additional information, although I apologize for the delay in a follow-up response.

Would you mind providing a bit more detail regarding what specifically you are looking to achieve in Quicken?

If it is a feature/function that you are requesting to be added to Quicken, you may consider creating an Idea post so that other Users are able to vote on it.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849425/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community

Our developer's review Idea threads to get an idea of what people would like Quicken to offer.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.