Home Before you Buy

COVID-19/ Purchase of New Version

datiles56datiles56 Member ✭✭
I would like to know if I have to purchase the new version of Quicken? My subscription expires today 5/1/2020. I have been affected by COVID-19 because I was laid off and so my living expenses come first. I would be comfortable with just being able to reconcile my account monthly through the Quicken I currently have. I’ma senior and don’t need all the bells and whistles. Is there a version that cost less with the bare essentials that will allow me to enter my expenses and credits so I can reconcile monthly please??

Answers

• volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    You can continue using your version unless it's the Starter Edition.  You can still enter transactions manually, do reconciliations and run reports.  Everything except downloading.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2017 is not the Subscription version. Online Services expired for Quicken 2017 but you can still enter transactions manually and then reconcile.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2
    Hi @datiles56,

Sorry for your problems in these trying times.

Can you give us some more information, so that we can help you figure out your options?

Which tier of Quicken are you currently using (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Bisiness)?  Do you currently download data from your banks, credit cards, etc.?  If you are currently reconciling your account to the online balance, would you be okay to going back to reconciling to a paper statement?

Let us know and we'll see what can be done.

Take care & stay safe!

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
This discussion has been closed.