Unable to download transactions

This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't download new version.

Comments

• Flash1
    Flash1 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem as Tania McCleery. It won't let me upgrade because my subscription is valid until December 2020, yet I can't download my bank information! I am on a Mac.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Please open menu Quicken > About Quicken and report the version number shown there.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Flash1  Please go to the About Quicken screen on the Quicken menu and tell us what it says for year and version number. The reason I ask is that we've seen a number of users who paid for a subscription but because they were using a pre-subscription version of Quicken (such as Quicken 2017) did not realize they had to download and install the subscription version.

If your Quicken says 2017, you're still on an old version, despite paying for a subscription. You need to log into Quicken.com, and just below where it shows your subscription through December 2020, click the Download for Mac link to download the current Quicken installer. After installing Quicken Subscription (also referred to here as Quicken 2020), when you launch it, you will tell it to start from your Quicken 2017 data file, which will be imported and updated to the current format. (After you have used the 2020 version for a bit, and make sure your data has no issues, you can go back and delete the Quicken 2017 app and Quicken 2017 data file to avoid confusion in the future.)

If you are indeed just now updating to Quicken 2020, things will look mostly the same as Quicken 2017, but there have been a lot of enhancements made over the past three years, especially with reports, data entry rules, and bill payments. A good place to learn what's changed is opening "Release Notes" on the Quicken help menu; scroll to the bottom and work your way up the list, clicking the "+" icon to open up the details about each release. In about 10 minutes, you can read about the new features from the past 3 years. 

And the good news is that once you have the subscription version installed, you won't have to do this little upgrade dance in the future; you'll simply get notifications when new releases are available, and two button clicks will download and install the latest release. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Flash1
    Flash1 Member ✭✭
    I have Quicken Mac 2017. It says my bank transfers have stopped, that I have to upgrade. When I go to upgrade, it says my current subscription runs to December 2020 and it won't let me upgrade -- how do I get my bank transfers back?

Subscription information
    You currently have an active membership that is valid until Dec 6th, 2020.

Please come back later to renew that membership.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Per @jacobs post:
    If your Quicken says 2017, you're still on an old version, despite paying for a subscription. You need to log into Quicken.com, and just below where it shows your subscription through December 2020, click the Download for Mac link to download the current Quicken installer. After installing Quicken Subscription (also referred to here as Quicken 2020), when you launch it, you will tell it to start from your Quicken 2017 data file, which will be imported and updated to the current format. (After you have used the 2020 version for a bit, and make sure your data has no issues, you can go back and delete the Quicken 2017 app and Quicken 2017 data file to avoid confusion in the future.)

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.