Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

CEFCU has not updated in weeks

I have tried everything I know from trying to update manually and everything else in the troubleshooting help I found. Any idea how I can resolve this?

Best Answer

Answers

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a discussion that appears to have resolved the issue. Please read and try suggested resolution:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20040592#Comment_20040592

• tejajettejajet Member ✭✭
    Hi UKR - Ya I already tried that, no luck, just keep getting the same error.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case of CC-501, 502, 503, 506 errors from a single bank deactivate all accounts with this bank using the same bank logon ID, including any old, long closed, hidden and forgotten accounts that might still be activated. If you miss one, the aggregation server involved in handling Express Web Connect - connected accounts will not start with a clean slate and you will continue to have problems. When done deactivating, restart Quicken and reactivate accounts.

Well I think I made some progress based on the deactivation and reactivation advice. But after I select the CEFCU accounts I want to add to Quicken, it tries to load the accounts but then errors out with the following unhelpful message.
    Ok thanks. I will see where this takes me
  • ktcutler5ktcutler5 Member
    I have had same issue since 4/15 and have been on wht Quicken support twice and they have no idea how to fix this. What reallyupsets me is I just recently paid for 2 years an want to swithc to another product after 15 years. Help!!
    edited May 5
    I just tried Quicken chat support too. Not helpful. The Quicken chat person told me its an existing issue with the COVID-19 payments and throttling information at some credit unions, but that was more than 2 weeks ago when that all occurred. I just switched over from [removed - no soliciting] (which is free). PC was able to connect to all my account no problem. I am going on 3 weeks now trying to add the same accounts to Quicken and having to add some now as manual accounts. Frustrating
  • jelohnesjelohnes Member
    I've been experiencing the same issue with my CEFCU accounts since 4/16. I've reset the account, deactivated and reactivated, and no luck. Thanks for saving me the time on a support call...sounds like there's no help for this. I hope they figure it out soon! Very frustrating!
    Is there anyone that can provide an update on this issue? I talked to 2 people at CEFCU and they have no idea what I am talking about. Quicken support had me do a bunch of level 1 troubleshooting which didnt help. The Quicken support person concluded it was due to the COVID-19 thing that impacted other CUs but that was 3 weeks ago and CEFCU is saying its NOT their issue.

Between a rock in a hard place with this issue and noone seems to know what is going on....
  • jel31jel31 Member ✭✭
    I tried UKR advice of deactivating all CEFCU accounts, restarting Quicken, and reactivating. Did not work.
  • jel31jel31 Member ✭✭
    Also have tried updating on weekdays, weekends, daytime, nighttime...no updates from CEFCU for over three weeks now.
    I just tried it again too. Same thing.
  • CoreySCoreyS Member
    I'm in the same boat with my credit union. There was a post about it (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7874067/ongoing-4-16-20-you-may-experience-errors-updating-some-of-your-accounts). But no update for 3 weeks on that announcement... Makes it difficult to budget and track finances when accounts won't update. Especially when this is a program for budgeting and tracking finances...
  • jel31jel31 Member ✭✭
    By the way, for any new followers to this thread...I guess now you should NOT try deactivating and reactivating. I tried to get help on chat this weekend, but because I had tried deactivating and reactivating again, they said I had to wait 1 business day before getting any help. Also, they said do not deactivate again. This is now stated in the FAQ on the CC-502 error.
    Ok so going a month without an update is unacceptable. But stating the problem is fixed when it isn't, I am really starting to reconsider my purchase after only 1 month. I don't get why I can get better connection reliability out of free apps life Personal Capital but pay for Quicken and get worse service.

At this point I am lost.
    Tried again today. No dice.
    Anyone else have any luck? Still no luck here :(
  • I've been trying for several weeks. Still no luck.
  • EFWEFW Member ✭✭
    I created a new quicken file and tried adding a new account. I called it Test 05-23. I selected CEFCU and it proceeded to lookup the accounts. It came back with all the accounts for that user Id but each account had “unknown file type”, “ignored”. It must be the way CEFCU is sending the file to Quicken Via Web Express or Quicken is not recognizing the file on Web Express.

Work around:
    The manual download inside CEFCU continues to be my backup plan and works fine for each CEFCU account. Other financial institutions are working ok and have been working for me using the one step update or the update feature within the account register.

Regards,