Mac Quicken Version 5.15.3 (Build 515.33035.100) will import Apple Card OFX transactions

Mac Quicken Premier 2020 Version 5.15.3 (Build 515.33035.100) can now import OFX files which means that it can successfully import Apple Card OFX transactions. Successfully imported an OFX file from Apple Card this morning.

Best Answer

Answers

• Rand Childs
    Rand Childs Member ✭✭
    Didn’t know tone could now set up Apple Card and import transactions automatically. I was able to export into OXF file on Mac version but not in Windows version.

Will have to try setting this automatic download on both Mac and Windows versions. Actually like Mac version better except for reporting.

Thanks for info!
  • Rand Childs
    Rand Childs Member ✭✭
    Cannot edit previous post (get Format not found). This is what I meant to say :smile:

Didn’t know one could now set up Apple Card and import transactions automatically. I was able to export into OXF file and load on Mac version but not in Windows version.

Will have to try setting this automatic download on both Mac and Windows versions. Actually like Mac version better except for reporting.

Thanks for info!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Rand Childs

Thank you for the response!

I would appear at this time, Apple only offers the ability to import a file and does not offer the ability to automatically connect.

To learn more about the different connection types in Quicken, please take a moment to review the information available HERE.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Rand Childs
    Rand Childs Member ✭✭
    That’s what I noticed as well after trying it on Mac version. Haven’t tried windows version yet. Thanks.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I would appear at this time, Apple only offers the ability to import a file and does not offer the ability to automatically connect.
    @Quicken_Tyka  I've been under the impression that Quicken Mac does not import OFX files, only QFX files. Is this a change Quicken is making, or an exception made for the Apple Card?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    This is really interesting. I was also able to connect my existing manual Apple Card account in Quicken to the new Apple Card entry in the list of FIs and then successfully import an OFX file. I'm happy it's working, but it is strange that it will accept an OFX file since in the past Quicken Mac has only accepted QFX files, which Apple doesn't provide. @jacobs, this is all speculation, but I would assume some kind of exception has been made in this case to make importing transactions possible. No idea if that means there might be more wide support for OFX files in Quicken down the road though.

I'm really glad this functionality is in place now. It would be great if in the future Apple opted to support Quicken Connect or Direct Connect so transactions could be automatically imported as they happen without having to wait to manually generate and import an OFX file once a month. This new development is certainly a step in the right direction though!
  • Rand Childs
    Rand Childs Member ✭✭
    Tried this in Quicken for Windows 2020, R26.27, Build 27.1.26.17 and selecting Apple Card would only let me create a new account. Even after I did that, it gave me instructions to download the transactions and import them, but File->Import still doesn't show OFX as an option, so I didn't see any way for this to work in Quicken for Windows. I agree with @Austin@, hopefully Mac Quicken will support Quicken Connect or Direct Connect for the Apple Card soon. I use both Mac Quicken and Windows Quicken and keep them up to date. I really like Mac Quicken's design better and it often seems to work when Windows Quicken doesn't (particularly in transaction downloads), although Quicken does seem to fix things quickly when I report a problem. The reason I haven't switched to Mac Quicken permanently is that Mac Quicken reporting is not as flexible. Hopefully this will also improve soon.

Thanks for all of the input!
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @jacobs

I do not have any further official information that I am able to offer on if there was special consideration to add Apple as a financial institution or if there is going to be a change in the process.

I would lean towards this being an exception or "workaround" versus a change in process as I did not see any mention of a change in the release notes nor did I find a ticket describing such a change.

The option to import has always stated (OFX, QFX) so it appears that the ability to import an OFX has existed for some time.

However, an OFX file from an unsupported financial will not import.

I suspect there may be other financial institutions that provide an OFX and that may be why the option has existed prior to Apple being available. However, I do not know any of them off the top of my head or more information on the reasoning behind it.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    It looks like Apple has officially updated Apple Card to support Quicken via .QFX file exports rather than only allowing exports of .OFX or .CSV files. Here is a screenshot of their updated support page:

In addition, I now see the option to export a .QFX file from my iPhone:

Hopefully they will eventually opt to allow automatic downloads via Quicken Connect or Direct Connect down the road. I'm glad to see they are at least officially supporting Quicken in some capacity though.
  • mls14
    mls14 Member ✭✭
    I was on my iPhone today and planning to download my latest statement as PDF when I saw QFX as an option - FINALLY! I downloaded it and then imported into Quicken successfully. It took a few months, but I'm glad this works now! I also download the PDF statement to compare and for my records.
This discussion has been closed.